n.小块土地,地区图,图,秘密计划(特指阴谋),(小说的)情节.结构 vt.划分,绘图,密谋 vi.密谋,策划
动词过去式:plotted 过去分词:plotted 现在分词:plotting 第三人称单数:plots 名词:plotlessness
n small marked or measured piece of land, esp for a special purpose （有标记的或测量出的）小块土地（尤指有某用途的）
*a building plot 一块建筑用地
* a vegetable plot 一块菜地
* a small plot of land 一小块地皮.
(a) make a plan or map of (sth) 绘制（某事物）的图
*plot an escape route 画出逃跑路线.
(b) mark (sth) on a chart or diagram （在图表上）标绘（某物）
*plot the ship's course 标绘该船的航线.
(c) make(a curve, etc) by connecting points on a graph （在图上连接标定的点）绘制（曲线等）
*plot a temperature curve 绘制温度曲线图.
2 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (out) divide sth into plots 将（某大片土地）分成小块.
1 (plan or outline of the) events in the story of a play or novel （戏剧或小说的）故事情节（的构思或布局）
*a neatly worked-out plot 丝丝入扣的故事情节
* The plot was too complicated for me I couldn't follow it. 我觉得情节太复杂--我看不明白.
2 secret plan made by several people to do sth; conspiracy （几人的）密谋, 阴谋
*a plot to overthrow the government 推翻政府的阴谋
* The plot was discovered in time. 那阴谋已被及时揭露.
3 (idm 习语) hatch a plot => hatch. the plot `thickens (catchphrase 警语) a situation in real life, or the plot of a work of fiction, is suddenly more complicated or intriguing 现实生活中的情况或小说中的情节, 突然复杂起来或更引人注意了.
(a) [I, Ipr, Ip, It] ~ (with sb) (against sb); ~ (together) make a secret plan (to do sth); take part in a plot 密谋（做某事）; 参与阴谋
*plot with others against the State 伙同他人阴谋反对政府
* plot (together) to do sth （一起）密谋做某事.
(b) [Tn] plan (sth) with others 与他人谋画（某事）
*They were plotting the overthrow of the government. 他们正在策画推翻政府. plotter n person who plots; conspirator 密谋策画者; 搞阴谋的人.
1. The story has an intricate plot. 故事的情节错综复杂。
2. The plot thickens. 情节渐渐复杂起来了。
3. They were accused of being privy to the plot against the king. 他们被控欺君谋反、 知情不举.
4. The administration claims that failing to do so would be begging terrorists and criminals to plot together via the information superhighway. 政府称不这样做就等于让恐怖分子和犯罪分子通过信息高速公路来共同策划阴谋。
5. They had thought it all out. This was a plot. I frowned at my parents angrily. 他们全安排好了，这是个阴谋，我恼怒地皱着眉瞪着父母。
6. A plot to assassinate the President was uncovered by government agents. 刺杀总统的阴谋被政府特工人员发觉了。
7. Agents have uncovered a plot against the President. 特工人员发现了一个反对总统的阴谋.
8. It´s an elaborate plot. 这是个精心策划的阴谋。