名词:recurrence 动词过去式:recurred 过去分词:recurred 现在分词:recurring 第三人称单数:recurs
cur＝to run（流；跑） 变化型 course
1 [I] happen again; happen repeatedly 再发生; 复发
*a recurring problem, error, illness 反复出现的问题、错误、疾病
* The symptoms tend to recur. 这种症状有可能复发.
* This theme recurs constantly throughout the opera. 这一主旋律在该歌剧中不断出现.
2 (phr v) recur to sb/sth (fml 文) (of ideas, events, etc) come back into the mind （指想法、事情等）在头脑中重现
*Our first meeting often recurs to me/my mind. 我们初次见面的情形时常浮现于我的脑海.
v past tense and past participlerecurredpresent participlerecurring [I]
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
recurrere 'to run back'
, from currere 'to run'
if something, especially something bad or unpleasant, recurs, it happens again There is a danger that the disease may recur. Love is a recurring theme in the book.recurring dream/nightmaretechnical
if a number or numbers after a decimal point
recur, they are repeated for ever in the same order
1. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 一些相同的老嗜好年复一年地以单调的规律重现。
2. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 一些相同的老嗜好年复一年地以单调的规律重现。
3. The same old favourites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity. 相同的决心以单调的规律年复一年地出现。