n.决心 v.决心,决定,决心要,(使)分解,溶解,解决 vt.解决
副词:resolvedly 动词过去式:resolved 过去分词:resolved 现在分词:resolving 第三人称单数:resolves 形容词:resolvable 名词:resolvability
v (fml 文)
1 [Ipr, Tf, Tt] ~ on/upon/against sth/doing sth decide firmly; determine 决定; 决心
*He resolved on/against (making) an early start. 他决定[反对]尽早出发.
* She resolved that she would never see him again/never to see him again. 她决心不再见他.
2 [Tf, Tt] (of a committee or assembly) make a decision by a formal vote （指委员会或集会）表决
*The senate resolved that... 参议院决议如下...
* The union resolved to strike by
36 votes to 15. 工会以36票对15票通过决议举行罢工.
3 [Tn] solve or settle (problems, doubts, etc) 解决（问题、疑问等）
*resolve an argument, a difficulty, a crisis 解决争端、困难、危机
* Her arrival did little to resolve the situation. 她来後也未能解决什么问题.
4 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (into sth) separate (sth) into constituent parts 分解或解析（某物）
*resolve a complex argument into its basic elements 将复杂的论证内容分为若干要点
* the resolving power of a lens, ie its ability to magnify things distinctly 透镜的解像能力.
n (fml 文)
1 [C] thing one has decided to do; resolution(2) 决定要做的事; 决定; 决心
*make a resolve not to smoke 决定不吸烟
* show, keep, break one's resolve 表现出、持有、改变决心.
2 [U] firmness ordetermination; resolution(1) 坚决; 坚定; 坚毅
*be strong/weak in one's resolve 很[不]坚决
* His opposition served only to strengthen our resolve. 他一反对反而增强了我们的决心.
1. We resolve to get up earlier each morning, eat less, 我们决心每天早晨起得早些；吃得少些；
2. Such a loss of dignity and descent into childish behaviour on the part of the adults deeply shocks the adolescents, and makes them resolve that in future they will not talk to their parents about the places or people they visit. 家长这种有失身份和孩子气的作法使青春期的孩子大为震惊，决心以后不再向父母讲述去过的地方和见过的人。
3. If we had to resolve all doubt before we acted, very little would ever get done." 但是假如我们在做什么事之前，必须把所有的疑难问题全部解决的话，那么我们几乎就什么都干不成了。"