n.吼叫,怒号 vi.吼叫,怒号 v.滚动,咆哮
名词:roarer 动词过去式:roared 过去分词:roared 现在分词:roaring 第三人称单数:roars
n long loud deep sound (like that) made by a lion （狮子的）吼叫声; 似狮子的吼叫声
*the roar of traffic 车辆的隆隆声
* a roar of applause, anger, etc 雷鸣般的掌声、怒吼声等
* roars of laughter 哈哈大笑声.
1 (a) [I, Ipr, Ip] make such long loud deep sounds 吼叫; 咆哮
*tigers roaring in their cages 在笼中吼叫的老虎
* roar with laughter, pain, rage, etc 放声大笑、痛得大叫、怒吼
* He just roared (ie laughed loudly) when he heard that joke! 他听了那笑话就哈哈地笑起来.
* a roaring (ie large, bright and noisy) fire 熊熊烈火.
(b) [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (out) express sth in this way 大声表达某事物
*The crowd roared its approval. 群众高呼赞成.
* roar out an order 高声发出命令.
2 (idm 习语) roar oneself `hoarse, etc make oneself hoarse, etc by roaring 喊得嗓子发哑等.
3 (phr v) roar along, down, past, etc move in the specified direction making a loud, deep sound 发出洪亮、深沉的声音而行、而去、而过等
*Cars roared past (us). 汽车隆隆地驶过（我们身边）. roar/shout sb down silence a speaker by shouting loudly so that he cannot be heard 大声喊叫以压倒某人的讲话声（使其讲不下去）.
1. The roar of the train reverberated in the tunnel. 火车的轰隆声在隧道里回荡.
2. The noise of the taxi and the city united into a deep roar. 出租车的噪声和这城市的喧闹声组成了低沉的轰鸣声。
3. Then at last the miracle happened for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long. Falling into a sleeplike condition, he suddenly felt as though he were sinking in a mighty flood of water, and the rush and roar soon took musical shape wi 终于，他的潜意识长期以来一直在寻找的奇迹发生了。他进入了似睡非睡的朦胧状态，骤然间感觉到自己仿佛掉进了滔滔洪水之中,不断在下沉，很快，洪水的冲击声和咆哮声以音乐的形式呈现在他的脑海里。
4. At near the speed of sound, we were flying ahead of our engine's roar. 由于速度几近音速，我们把引擎的轰鸣声甩在了后面，
5. I struggled uselessly to respond to the instructions of my coach, who was shouting above the roar of the fan to tell me how to ride the wind funnel up and down, left and right, by bending various limbs. 教练的喊声盖过风扇的轰鸣，告诉我如何屈折各肢体来乘着风柱上下左右地飘动，我照着他说的毫无结果地折腾了一番。