名词:thunderer 动词过去式:thundered 过去分词:thundered 现在分词:thundering 第三人称单数:thunders
1 loud noise that follows a flash of lightning 雷; 雷声
*a crash/peal/roll of thunder 雷声大作
* There's thunder in the air, ie Thunder is likely. 好像要打雷了.
* We haven't had much thunder this summer. 今年夏天我们没怎么听见打雷.
2 any similar noise 似雷的声音
*the thunder of the guns, jets, drums 大炮、喷气飞机、鼓的隆隆声
* a/the thunder of applause 掌声如雷.
3 (idm 习语) blood and thunder => blood1. steal sb's thunder => steal.
1 [I, In/pr] (used with it 与it连用) sound with thunder 打雷
*It thundered all night. 夜间一直在打雷.
2 (a) [Ipr] make a noise like thunder; sound loudly 发出雷鸣般的声音; 响声大作
*A voice thundered in my ear. 我耳边响起雷鸣般的讲话声.
* Someone was thundering at the door, ie beating it. 有人使劲地敲着门.
(b) [Ipr, Ip] move in the specified direction making a loud noise 轰隆隆地向某方向移动
*The train thundered through the station. 火车隆隆地驶过车站.
* heavy lorries thundering along, by, past, etc 隆隆驶过的重型卡车.3 (a) [Ipr] ~ against sth/at sb utter loud threats, etc against sth/sb 大声说反对某事或威胁某人的话
*reformers thundering against corruption 高呼反腐败的改革者
* What right have you to thunder at me like that? 你有什么权力大嚷大叫地威胁我?
(b) [Tn] utter (threats, etc) loudly 喊出（威胁的话等）
*`How dare you speak tome like that?' he thundered. ｀你竟敢这样跟我说话?＇他喝道.
1. Then the sound of rumbling thunder reached the watchers on the shore. 岸上观众听到雷鸣般的轰隆声.
2. There´s thunder in the air. 好像要打雷了.
3. Then the sound of rumbling thunder reached the watchers on the shore, as cargo, ballast, ammunition and 400 people went sliding and crashing down to the port side of the steeply listing ship. 当物口、压舱物、弹药和400个人轰地一声滑向陡斜的左舷时，岸上的观众听到了雷鸣般的轰响。
4. I don´t mind thunder , but lightning frightens me. 我不怕打雷，但是闪电使我害怕。