1 [U] (time of the) setting of the sun 日落（时分）; 傍晚
*finish work at sunset 傍晚时做完工作.
2 [C] appearance of the sky at sunset 落日余辉; 晚霞
*the beautiful sunsets in the desert 沙漠里落日的美景.
the time of day when the sun disappears and night beginsat sunset We take the flag down at sunset. [U and C]
the coloured part of the sky where the sun is disappearing at the end of the day
→dusk a glorious sunset
1. The colours of the sunset were diffused across the sky. 日落时分, 霞光满天。
2. The picture portrays a beautiful sunset. 这幅画是描绘落日的美景.
3. The Tramp never loses his faith in the flower girl who'll be waiting to walk into the sunset with him; 流浪汉始终没有失去对卖花女的信心，相信她正等待着与自己共同走进夕阳之中；
4. A beautiful sunset is an awesome sight. 太阳下山时景色令人叹为观止。
5. A young man sees a sunset and, unable to understand or to express the emotion that it rouses in him. 年轻人看到日落, 无法理解或表达心中激起的那种强烈感情.
6. A young man sees a sunset and, unable to understand or to express the emotion that it rouses in him, concludes that it must be the gateway to a world that lies beyond. 一个年轻人看到日落，由于无法理解和表达日落在他心中唤起的激情，便得出结论：日落处想必是通往遥远世界的大门。
7. No sunset so beautiful that it does not waken the vision of a greater beauty, a vision which passes before it is fully glimpsed, and in passing leaves an indefinable longing and regret. 美丽的落日总会引起一个更加绚丽的景象未及饱览便一闪即逝，并在消逝中给人留下不可名状的渴望和惆怅。