/ʌn'kʌmftəbl; [US] -fərt-; ʌn`kʌmfɚtəbl/adj
1 not comfortable 不舒服的; 不舒适的
*uncomfortablechairs, shoes, rooms 不舒适的椅子、鞋、房间
* lie in an uncomfortable position 以一种不舒服的姿势躺着.
2 feeling or causing anxiety or unease 感到或引起不安的;不自在的
*Children make some people feel uncomfortable.孩子常使一些人感到不舒服.
* The letter was an uncomfortable reminder of my debts. 那封信是催促还债的通知, 让我很不痛快.
not feeling physically comfortable, or not making you feel comfortable
= awkward This sofa is so uncomfortable.
unable to relax because you are embarrassed She always felt slightly uncomfortable in a hat. an uncomfortable silence>uncomfortablyadv
1. Everybody around me was smoking and I felt extremely uncomfortable. 我周围的每个人都在吸烟，我感到非常不自在。
2. But women always wear uncomfortable shoes! 可是女人们总是穿不舒适的鞋子！
3. They look very uncomfortable. 这种鞋子看上去很不舒适。
4. They are very uncomfortable. 的确很不舒适。
5. The things that initially made you feel uncomfortable or strange are now things that you understand. 最初使你感到不舒服或陌生的东西，现在已成了你能理解的东西了。
6. Too much eye contact, especially if it is forced, can work against you. If you stare at a person, or leer (斜视) in a suspicious (怀疑的) way, the other person may feel uncomfortable and even suspicious about your intent (意图). 目光接触过多，特别是如果这些接触很勉强的话，会产生不利于你的效果。假如你盯住一个人看，或是用怀疑的目光斜视，对方也许会感到不舒服，甚至会怀疑你的意图。
7. 3. What, do you think, is the something that makes the writer feel uncomfortable? 我想象当我站在克莱尔本街和杰克逊街拐角处的一个加油站等待付款时，一个黑人从我身后走来。
8. Her effusive welcome made us feel most uncomfortable. 她热情地款待，使得我们非常不自在。
9. He had had a long and uncomfortable trip, for he had been confined to the wooden box for over eighteen hours. 他经历了一次漫长而又难受的旅程，因为他在那木箱里闷了18个多小时。
10. And as I sat in the car, moving this way and that to get a good view of the sights before me, I was reminded of how uncomfortable the new can make you feel. 当我坐在汽车里，为了看清我前面的景色而挪来挪去的时候，我注意到新的东西会使人们感到多么不舒服。