ceive＝to take（取） 变化型 cept，cip，cipate
1 [C, U] (act of) accepting or being accepted 接受; 答应; 同意; 认可
*Since we sent out the invitations we've received five acceptances and one refusal. 我们发出请帖以後, 收到的回覆是五位接受, 一位推辞.
2 [U] favourable reception; approval 赞成; 赞同
*The new laws gained widespread acceptance. 新法例广获赞同.
3 [C] (commerce 商)
(a) agreement to pay a bill 承兑, 认付（票据）.
(b) bill accepted in this way 承兑汇票.
when you officially agree to take something that you have been offered
the formal acceptance of an invitation
He wrote a letter of acceptance (=a letter in which you agree to accept a job, university place etc) to the university.
when people agree that an idea, statement, explanation etc is right or true
the acceptance of Einstein's theory
There is still not widespread acceptance that fathers can care for children as well as mothers do.
This type of management style gained acceptance in the 1980s.
the ability to accept an unpleasant situation which cannot be changed, without getting angry or upset about it
By the end of the trial, Nicolas moved towards acceptance of his fate.
the process of allowing someone to become part of a group or a society and of treating them in the same way as the other members
Acceptance by their peer group is important to most youngsters.
1. The proposal found general acceptance. 这个建议得到普遍的赞同。
2. There was an undercurrent of resentment in their acceptance of the plan. 他们接受该计画时心怀不满.
3. They have been gaining in acceptance in the United States since the early 1980s, when more states began passing laws that affected the division of financial assets in a divorce. 自20世纪80年代初以来，婚前协议在美国被越来越多的人接受，因为当时越来越多的州开始通过关于离婚财产分配的法律。
4. The long-term acceptance is strong, the rest is just details." 公众对它的长期接受程度相当高，而其他情况只是枝节而已。"
5. And in this sense we see that love involves an acceptance of some responsibility for the impact my way of being has on you. 从这个意义上说，我们认为，爱就要为自己的行为对对方产生的影响承担某种责任。
6. First, I moved. And while I found easy acceptance among older people in the community, when younger people talked to me they invariably would say something like, "You remind me of my grandmother." 首先，我搬家了。在新的环境里我很容易融入到年长者中去，而当年青人与我说话时，他们总会说"你使我想起我外婆"之类的话，