名词:consenter 动词过去式:consented 过去分词:consented 现在分词:consenting 第三人称单数:consents
com-=together,with,wholly 变化型 co-,col-,comb-,con-,cor-,coun-
v [I, Ipr, It] ~ (to sth) give agreement or permission 同意; 允许
*She made the proposal, and I readily consented (to it). 她提出了这个建议, 我欣然同意.
* She won't consent to him staying out late/to his staying out late. 她不允许他呆在外面太晚.
* They finally consented (ie agreed) to go with us. 他们终于同意了和我们一块走.
* sex between consenting adults, ie who both agree to it 成年人之间两相情愿的性行为.
1 ~ (to sth) agreement; permission 同意; 允许
*Her parents refused their consent to the marriage. 她的父母不答应这门婚事.
* He gave his consent for the project to get under way. 他同意将这个计划付诸实施.
* She was chosen as leader by common consent, ie Everyone agreed to the choice. 她是经一致同意而当选为领导人的.
* Silence implies consent, ie One is assumed to agree if one remains silent. 沉默意味着同意.
2 (idm 习语) with one consent (arch 古) unanimously 一致同意地.
1. But if such consent were given, whose "right" to genetic identity would be violated? 但是，如果事先得到允许，那又会侵犯谁的基因身份"权"呢？
2. Tom considered — was about to consent; but he changed his mind: "No! No! You see, Aunt Polly is very particular about this fence — right here on the street, you know. 汤姆想了一下，正要同意；但是他改变了主意：“不行！不行！你知道，波莉姨妈对这段栅栏很挑剔——它正处在临街的位置。
3. He signified his consent with a nod. 他点头表示同意。
4. One health official recommends that when you sign a medical form you change it to make it clear "that you do not consent to having information re-released or sold to a second party without your direct, written consent". 一位卫生官员建议，当填写医疗表格时，你可改变一下，清楚地表明"你不同意在没有你的直接书面同意的情况下将你的信息泄露或出卖给第二方"。
5. It makes perfect sense to say that adult persons have a right not to be cloned without their voluntary, informed consent. 未经通知并征得本人同意，成年人有权不被克隆，这是完全合理的。