名词:aider 动词过去式:aided 过去分词:aided 现在分词:aiding 第三人称单数:aids
1 [U] help 帮助; 援助
*with the aid of a friend 在朋友的帮助下
* legal aid 法律援助
* She came quickly to his aid, ie to help him. 她急忙来帮助他.
2 [C] thing or person that helps 有助之物或人
*a `hearing aid 助听器
* `teaching aids 教具
* visual `aids, eg pictures, films, etc used in teaching 视觉教具（如用于教学中的图片, 影片等）.
3 [U] food, money, etc sent to a country to help it （帮助某国的食物, 金钱等）援助
*How much overseas/foreign aid does Britain give? 英国在援外方面做出多少贡献?
* [attrib 作定语] medical `aid programmes 医疗援助计划.
4 (idm 习语) in aid of sth/sb in support of sth/sb 以支援或帮助某事物[某人]
*collect money in aid of charity 为资助慈善事业募捐. what's (all) this, etc in aid of? (infml 口) what is the purpose of this, etc? 这个（等）有什么用（意）?
*Now then, what's all this crying in aid of? 得啦, 还有什么好哭的?
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tnt] ~ sb (in/with sth) (fml 文) help sb 帮助某人.
2 (idm 习语) ,aid and a`bet (esp law 尤用于法律) encourage or help (sb) in some criminal activity 怂恿或协助（某人）犯罪.
1. Earthquake survival supplies include a radio receiver, a torch, extra batteries, first-aid supplies, a spade, a tent, some rope, and warm clothing. 地震救生储备还包括无线电接收器、手电、备用电池、急救用品、铁锹、帐篷、绳子和保暖衣物。
2. The duke summoned his feudatories to aid him in war. 那个公国的君主召令他的藩臣出兵助战。
3. A ticklish business which is achieved with the aid of two tame elephants roped to the captive on either side. 这是一件棘手的事，需要在它两侧拴上两头驯服的大象才能完成。
4. And at the age of eight she was walking a bit with the aid of a leg brace. 八岁时，她借助于腿的支撑架能稍微走一走了。
5. A great deal will arrange itself in the brain without the learning of too many special rules or the aid of elaborate explanations. 许多东西被吸收到脑子里面以后，自然会整理得有条不紊，倒不一定依靠学会许多特殊的规则，或是借助于十分周详的解释。
6. She came quickly to his aid, ie to help him. 她急忙来帮助他.
7. Ms. Mbogo said she had become frustrated because the donor groups that provide substantial aid to Kenya's rural areas "did not want to come here". 姆波戈女士说，为肯尼亚乡村地区提供大量捐助的团体"不愿意到这里来"，为此她感到很失望。
8. Our institutes of technology, built with European and American aid, offered students free room and board, even salary. 我们的技术学院是用欧洲和美国的援助建造的，向学生们提供免费膳宿，甚至还给发薪水。