n.利益,好处 vt.有益于,有助于 vi.受益
动词过去式:benefited/benefitted 过去分词:benefited/benefitted 现在分词:benefiting/benefitting 第三人称单数:benefits/benefits
1 (a) [U] profit; gain; future good (used esp with the vs and preps shown) 利益, 实惠, 未来的好处（尤与以下所示动词及介词连用）
*Because of illness she didn't get much benefit from her stay abroad. 她待在国外因生病而未得到多大好处.
* I've had the benefit of a good education. 我得益于良好的教育.
* It was achieved with the benefit (ie help, aid) of modern technology. 借助现代技术, 这个目标已经达到.
* The new regulations will be of great benefit to us all. 新规章对我们大家都会大有好处.
* A change in the law would be to everyone's benefit. 法律中的一项修改将符合所有人的利益.
(b) [C] thing from which one gains or profits; advantage 优越性; 优良条件
*the benefits of modern medicine, science, higher education 现代医学、科学、高等教育的优良条件.
2 [U, C] allowance of money, etc to which sb is entitled from an insurance policy or from government funds 保险金; 救济金; 抚恤金; 补助金
*medical, unemployment, sickness, etc benefit(s)医疗、失业、疾病等补助.
3 [C, esp attrib 尤作定语] public performance or game held in order to raise money for a particular player, charity, etc （为某运动员或慈善事业等筹款而举行的）义演或义赛
*a `benefit match, performance, concert, etc 义赛、义演、慈善音乐会等.
4 (idm 习语) for sb's benefit in order to help, guide, instruct, etc sb 以对某人进行帮助、指引、指导等
*The warning sign was put there for the benefit of the public. 那儿设立了警告牌以引起人们的警惕.
* Although she didn't mention me by name, I know her remarks were intended for my benefit. 虽然她没提到我的名字, 但我明白她的话是为我好. give sb the ,benefit of the `doubt accept that sb is innocent, right, etc because there is no clear evidence to support one's feeling that he may not be 因证据不足而承认某人无罪、无过失等
*By allowing her to go free the judge gave the accused the benefit of the doubt. 法官对被告作了无罪推定而释放了她.
v (pt, pp -fited; US also -fitted)
1 [Tn]do good to (sb/sth) 使（某人[某事物]）受益
*These facilities have benefited the whole town. 这些设施使全城受益.
2 [I, Ipr] ~ (from/by sth) receive benefit or gain 得益
*Who stands to (ie is likely to) benefit most by the new tax laws? 什么人可能从新的税法中得到最大的好处?
* He hasn't benefited from (ie become wiser with) the experience. 他虽有体验却无长进.
1. Everyone will then be able to benefit from it.
2. We are willing to do business with any nation on a basis of equality and mutual benefit.
3. The creation of new playground will benefit the local children.
4. The companies denied they were avoiding the poor, but conceded that the wealthy would likely be the first to benefit.
5. A man may acquire great knowledge of topics unconnected with his daily work, and yet get hardly any benefit or relief.
6. But a medicine that had worked so well in one form of illness would surely be of equal benefit in another,
7. Of course, it did benefit the village. A lot of the properties were beautifully restored.”
8. One former inner-city high school teacher who now works in the New Haven program, says teachers also benefit.
9. In other words, the legislation would benefit not immigrants, but American industry which would be crippled without it.
10. In order for it to be of value to most people, individuals need to become informed about what is possible and how being connected will be of benefit.