动词过去式:billed 过去分词:billed 现在分词:billing 第三人称单数:bills 形容词:billable
1 (esp Brit) (US check) written statement of money owed for goods or services supplied 帐单
*telephone, gas, heating bills 电话、煤气、暖气帐单
* a bill for
* Have you paid the bill? 你付帐了吗?
2 written or printed advertisement; notice; poster, placard 广告; 招贴; 海报; 告示
*Stick no bills! ie Sticking posters, etc here is forbidden. 禁止招贴!
3 programme of entertainment (at a cinema, theatre, etc) （电影院、剧场等的）节目单
*a horror double bill (ie programme consisting of two horror films) on TV 一张介绍两部恐怖片子的电视节目单.
4 draft of a proposed law, to be discussed by a parliament （提交议会讨论的）法案
*propose, pass, throw out, amend a bill 提出[通过/否决/修订]一项议案
* The Industrial Relations Bill. 劳资关系法案.
5 (US) = note1
*a ten-dollar bill 一张十元钞票.
6 (idm 习语) a clean bill of health => clean1. fill/fit the `bill be adequate or suitable (for a specific purpose) 适合于（某一目的）
*If you're very hungry a double helping of spaghetti should fit the bill! 要是很饿的话, 吃两份意大利细面条就行了! foot the bill => foot2. head/top the `bill be the most important item or person on a list or a programme of entertainments 清单或节目单上最主要的节目或角色
*She topped the bill at the Palace Theatre. 她在皇宫剧院演主角.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (for sth) send sb a bill (for sth) 送交某人帐单（要求为某事物付帐）
*I can't pay for the books now. Will you bill me (for them) later? 这些书我现在不能付款, 事後给我寄帐单来好吗?
2 [Tnt esp passive 尤用于被动语态] announce or advertise; put in a programme 宣布; 贴广告; 列入节目单
*He is billed to (ie It is announced that he will) appear as Othello. 已把他列入节目单内, 将扮演奥赛罗.
1 bird's beak （鸟的）嘴, 喙. =>illus at App
1 见附录1之插图, page v.
2 (esp in geographical names 尤用于地理名称) narrow promontory 岬; 岬角
*Portland Bill 波特兰海岬.
1 [I] (of doves) stroke each other with their beaks （指鸽子）接嘴.
2 (idm 习语) bill and `coo (infml 口) (of lovers) exchange kisses and loving whispers （指情人间）接吻及谈情.
1. Bill: Wow! You´re right! That´s really funky You´re got some growth on your face, too, don´t you? 比尔:噢!你说得对!那真是独特!你脸上也长些东西,不是吗?
2. Bill: Gee, Mike, I just remembered a really important appointent! I´m really late! I really have to go. Bye, Mike! 比尔:呀,迈可,我刚想起一个很重要的约会!我真是来不及了!我真地必须走了!再见,迈可!
3. Bill: Not much, man. Shit! What did you do to yourself, Mike? You´re looking different nowdays. 比尔:没什么,老兄.嘿!你把自己怎么了!迈可?你现在看起来不同了.
4. Bill: That´s the ship we travelled on. 比尔: 这就是我们旅行乘坐的船.
5. Bill Frith´s garden is larger than Joe´s. 比尔.弗里斯的花园比乔的花园大，
6. Bill works harder than Joe and grows more flowers and vegetables, but Joe´s garden is more interesting. 他比乔也更为勤奋，种植的花卉和蔬菜也更多，但乔的花园更富有情趣。
7. Bill can't do that. He won't let anybody know he isn't perfect. 比尔却不能。他不想让别人知道他并不十全十美。
8. Bill had carried his gold to the end; he would carry Bill's gold to the ship. Ha-ha! He would have the last laugh on Bill. 比尔至死也没丢下金子。他倒可以带着比尔的金子上船。哈，哈，他可以最后对着比尔嘲笑一番。
9. The annual drug bill of the Health Services is mounting to astronomical figures. 卫生部门的年度药费快达到天文数字
10. The bill has passed through the committee. 该提案已在委员会通过。