/'rekɔ:d; [US] 'rekərd; `rɛkɚd/
1 [C] ~ (of sth) permanent account, esp in writing, of facts, events, etc （对事实、事件等的）记录; （尤指）记载
*a record of school attendances, road accidents 学生出席、交通事故记录
* records of births, marriages and deaths 出生、婚姻和死亡记录
* public, parish, medical, etc records 公共事务、教区事务、医疗等记录
* make/keep a record of one's expenses 记自己开支的帐.
2 [sing] ~ (for sth) facts, events, etc known (but not always written down) about the past of sb/sth （已知的有关某人[某事物]过去的）事实、事件等（不一定有文字记载）; 功过; 经历; 履历
*He had a good `war record, eg fought bravely. 他有良好的作战经历（如作战勇敢）.
* have a (previous) criminal `record, ie have already been convicted for a crime or crimes 有前科
* The airline has a bad safety record, ie Its aircraft often crash. 这家航空公司安全情况历来不好（班机常失事）.
* The school has a poor record for examination passes, ie Many of its pupils fail. 这所学校考试成绩历来欠佳（许多学生不及格）.
3 [C] (also `gramophone record, disc) ~ (of sb/sth) thin circular piece of plastic on which sound has been recorded 唱片
*a pop, jazz, hit record 通俗歌曲、爵士音乐、流行歌曲唱片
* the band's latest record 该乐队最新录制的唱片
* put on/play some records 放一些唱片
* [attrib 作定语] a record sleeve, album, library 唱片的封套、唱片集、唱片库.
4 [C] best performance or highest or lowest level ever reached, esp in sport 最好的成绩, （最高的或最低的）水平, 记录（尤指体育运动）
*beat/break (ie surpass) a record 打破一项记录
* an Olympic, world, all-time record 奥林匹克运动会、世界、空前的记录
* She holds the world record in/for the
100 metres. 她保持着100米世界记录.
* [attrib 作定语] a record performance, score, time 刷新记录的表现、得分、时间
* record profits, sales, crops 创记录的利润、销售额、收成.
5 [C] (computing 计) set of related data forming a unit in a computer file 记录（计算机文件中形成一个单元的一组相关的数据）.
6 (idm 习语) (just) for the `recordso that it should be noted; for the sake of accuracy （仅）供记录在案; 为准确起见
*Just for the record, the minister's statement is wrong on two points. 必须明确指出, 部长的言论有两点是错误的. ,off the `record (infml 口) (of statements, opinions, etc) not for publication or not to be officially noted （指说法、意见等）不得发表的, 不可正式记录的
*The Prime Minister admitted, (strictly) off the record, that the talks had failed. 首相承认会谈失败, 此消息（绝）不可发表. on `record
(a) (of facts, events, etc) noted or recorded, esp officially （指事实、事件等）记载下来的; （尤指）正式记录的
*Last summer was the wettest on record for
50 years. 刚过去的这个夏季是50年来记录中雨水最多的.
(b)(of statements, opinions, etc) publicly known or officiallynoted （指说法、意见等）公开发表的, 正式记录的
*be/go on record as saying that the law should be changed 公开说该法规应予更改
* put one's views, objections, etc on record, ie publish or broadcast them 公开发表自己的观点、反对意见等. put/set the `record straight give a correct account of facts, events, etc; put right a misunderstanding （对事实、事件等）作正确的陈述, 纠正误解
*To set the record straight, I must say now that I never supported the idea. 我必须在此表明, 我从未支持过那种意见.
1 (a) [Tn, Tf, Tw] write down (facts or events) for later use or reference 将（事实或事件）记录下来以备他日使用或参考; 记录; 记载
*record progress, developments, etc 记载进展、发展等情况
* record the minutes/proceedings of a meeting 做会议记录[记录会议事项]
* The papers record that inflation has dropped. 报纸刊载通货膨胀已下降.
* Historians record how Rome fell. 历史学家记载了罗马帝国衰亡的经过.
(b) [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Tng] ~ (sth) (from sth) (on sth) preserve (sound or images) on a disc or magnetic tape for later reproduction 将（声音或图像）保存在磁盘或磁带上以便重放; 录（音）; 录（像）
*To record, press both buttons. 录音时须按双钮.
* My voice records quite well. 我的声音录下来很好听.
* record music from the radio 录下无线电广播中的音乐
* record a speech, piece of music, TV programme (on tape/video) （在磁带[录像带]上）录演讲、乐曲、电视节目
* a recorded (ie not live) programme, concert, interview, etc 录制的节目、音乐会、访问记等（非现场直播的）
* record sb playing the guitar 为某人的吉他演奏录音.
2 [Tn] (of measuring instruments) mark or indicate (sth); register （指测量仪器）标明或显示（某事物）; 自动记下
*The thermometer recorded 40C. 温度计上显示出40C.