名词:blamer 动词过去式:blamed 过去分词:blamed 现在分词:blaming 第三人称单数:blames
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (for sth)/~ sth on sb consider or say that sb is responsible for sth done (badly or wrongly) or not done 责备; 责怪; 指责; 埋怨; 归咎于
*I don't blame you, ie I think your action was justified. 我不怪你（我认为你做得有道理）.
* (saying 谚) A bad workman blames his tools, ie refuses to accept the responsibility for his own mistakes. 拙匠埋怨工具差（不承认错在自己）.
* If you fail the exam you'll only have yourself to blame, ie it will be your own fault. 你若考试不及格, 只能怪自己.
* She blamed him for the failure of their marriage/blamed the failure of their marriage on him. 她把婚姻的触礁归咎于他.
2 (idm 习语) be to blame (for sth) be responsible for sth bad; deserve to be blamed 对某坏事应负责任; 应受责备
*Which driver was to blame for the accident? 这事故是哪个司机的责任?
* She was in no way to blame. 决不应该责备她.
n [U] ~ (for sth)
1 responsibility for sth done badly or wrongly （对做坏的或做错的事所负的）责任
*bear/take/accept/get the blame (for sth) （对某事）承担责任
* Where does the blame for our failure lie? ie Who or what is responsible? 我们失败的症结在哪里?
2 criticism for doing sth wrong 对做错某事的批评
*He incurred much blame for his stubborn attitude. 他态度顽固而招致许多责难.
3 (idm 习语) lay/put the blame (for sth) on sb blame sb for sth 把某事归咎于某人.
1. Bad workmen blame their tools. 技术拙劣的工人埋怨自己的工具。
2. But can we blame those who looked and failed to see what Galileo saw, if we remember that to use a telescope at the limit of its powers calls for long experience and intimate familiarity with one´s instrument? 但是，如果我们想到，便用一架倍数有限的望远镜需要长期的经验和对自己仪器的熟悉程度，那么我们怎么能去责备观察了天空但没有看到伽利略所看到的东西的那些人呢？
3. Three: Industry is to blame. 误区3：工业难辞其咎
4. Neither boy is to blame. 两个男孩子都不应责怪.
5. How could I blame them for not wanting to talk to me? 我怎么能责备他们不跟我讲话呢？
6. And don't just blame industrial societies. 不要只是谴责工业社会。
7. It is all too easy to blame the railway authorities when something does go wrong. 因此，一旦铁路上真出了问题，人们便不加思索地责备铁路当局。
8. It is thrilling to think, to know, that for any act of mine, I shall get twice as much praise or twice as much blame. 不管我做什么，都可能得到双倍的嘉奖，或是双份的责难。