动词过去式:charged 过去分词:charged 现在分词:charging 第三人称单数:charges
1 [C] claim that a person has done wrong, esp a formal claim that he has committed a crime; accusation 指责; 指控; （尤指）控告
*arrested on a charge of murder/a murder charge 以谋杀罪被捕
* I resent the charges of incompetence made against me. 说我无能, 我感到很气愤.
2 [C] rushing violent attack (by soldiers, wild animals, footballers, etc) （士兵、野兽、足球队员等）猛攻
*lead a charge 带头进攻.
3 [C] price asked for goods or services （货物或服务所需的）费用
*an admission/entry charge, eg to visit a museum 入场[门]费（如参观博物馆）
* His charges are very reasonable. 他要的价钱很公道.
* All goods are delivered free of charge. 一切物品免费送货. =>Usage at price 用法见price.
4 (a) [U] responsible possession; care; custody 掌管; 照管; 监护
*leave a child in a friend's charge 把孩子留给朋友照管
* He assumed full charge of the firm in his father's absence. 他在父亲不在时全权掌管公司.
(b) [C] (fml 文) person or thing left in sb's care 留给某人照管的人或事物
*He became his uncle's charge after his parents died. 他在父母去世後, 由叔父抚养.
5 [C] (fml 文) task; duty 任务; 责任.
6 [C] amount of explosive needed to fire a gun or cause an explosion （开枪放炮或产生爆炸所需的）炸药量.
(a) amount of electricity put into a battery or contained in a substance 充电量; 电荷
*a positive/negative charge 正[负]电荷.
(b) energy stored chemically for conversion into electricity （以化学物质贮存的可转化为电的）能量.
8 [C] (fml 文) instructions; directions 指示; 命令
*the judge's charge to the jury, ie his advice to them about their verdict 法官给陪审团的指示（引导他们作出裁断）.
9 (idm 习语) bring a charge (of sth) against sb formally accuse sb (of a crime, etc) 正式控告某人（某罪行等）. a charge on sb/sth person or thing that must be paid for as part of a particular area of expenditure 必须为某人或某事物支付的某项开支
*They are a charge on the rates. 这是（徵收）房地产税的金额. face a charge/charges => face2. give sb in `charge (esp Brit) hand sb over to the police 把某人交给警方. have charge of sth have responsibility for sth 对某事物有责任. in charge (of sb/sth) in a position of control or command (over sb/sth) 处于控制或支配（某人[某事物]）的地位
*Who's in charge here? 这儿谁负责?
* He was left in charge of the shop while the manager was away. 经理不在时, 他负责这个商店. in/under sb's charge in the care of sb 在某人照看下
*These patients are under the charge of Dr Wilson. 这些病人由威尔逊医生治疗. lay sth to sb's charge (fml 文) accuse sb of sth 控告某人犯某罪. prefer a charge/charges => prefer. reverse the charges => reverse3.take charge (of sth) take control of sth; become responsible for sth 控制或掌管某事物;承担某事物的责任
*The department was badly organized until she took charge (of it). 这个部门在她负责以前组织工作做得很差.
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (with sth) accuse sb of sth, esp formally in a court of law 以某事指控某人; （尤指在法庭上）控告某人
*He was charged with murder. 他被控犯谋杀罪.
* She charged me with neglecting my duty. 她指控我玩忽职守.
(b) [Tf] (fml 文) claim; assert 声称; 断言
*It is charged (ie in a court of law) that on
30 November, the accused.... 现指控被告于11月30日....
2 (a) [I, Ipr, Tn] ~ ((at) sb/sth) rush forward and attack (sb/sth) 进攻
*The troops charged (at) the enemy lines. 部队进攻敌军防线.
* One of our strikers was violently charged by a defender, ie in a game of football. 我方一前锋受到对方後卫的猛冲拦截（足球赛中）.
(b) [Ipr, Ip] ~ down, in, up, etc rush in the specified direction 向某方向冲去
*The children charged down the stairs. 孩子们冲下楼梯.
3 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Dn.n] ~ (sb/sth) for sth; ~ (sb) sth (for sth) ask (an amount) as a price 要价
*How much do you charge for mending shoes? 修鞋要多少钱?
* As long as you've paid in advance we won't charge you for delivery. 只要你预先付款, 我们就不收你送货费.
* I'm not going there again they charged (me)
1 for a cup of coffee! 我再也不到那儿去了--一杯咖啡就要了（我）1英镑!
(a) load (a gun) 为（枪炮）装弹药.
(b) (fml 文) fill (a glass) 注满（杯子）
*Please charge your glasses and drink a toast to the bride and groom! 请各位将酒杯斟满, 向新娘、新郎祝酒!
5 (a) [Tn] put a charge1(7a) into (sth) 给（某物）充电
*charge a battery 给蓄电池充电.
(b) [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (with sth) (fig 比喻) fill sth (with an emotion) 使某事物充满（情感）
*a voice charged with tension 充满紧张情绪的声音
* The atmosphere was charged with excitement. 气氛中充满了激情.
6 [Tn, Cn.t] (fml 文) give (sb) a responsibility; command; instruct 交给（某人）责任; 命令; 指示
*I charge you not to forget what I have said. 你千万别忘记我的话.
* The judge charged the jury, ie advised them about their verdict. 法官对陪审团作指示（引导他们作出裁断）.
7 (phr v) charge sth (up) to sb; charge sth up record sth as a debt to be paid by sb 将某人的欠款记在帐上
*Please charge these goods (up) to my account. 请把这些货物记在我的帐上. charge sb/oneself with sth (fml 文) give sb/oneself a duty or responsibility 使某人[自己]承担任务或责任
*She was charged with an important mission. 她被委以重任.
1. Eliot recommends taking charge of your life. 埃利奥特建议人们控制自己的生活。
2. We budget it, save it, waste it, steal it, kill it, cut it, account for it; we also charge for it. It is a precious resource. 我们安排时间、节约时间、浪费时间、挤抢时间、消磨时间、缩减时间、对时间的使用作出解释; 我们还要因时间而收取费用。时间是一种宝贵的资源。
3. Then she was in charge of a nursing-home for women in London. 后来她在伦敦负责一家妇女护理院。
4. There is a story that holds that high heels were first brought to America by a famous New Orleans madam who discovered that she could charge twice as much when a woman wore high heels. 有一种说法，说高跟鞋最早是由新奥尔良州的一位名媛带到美国来的,她发现自己穿高跟鞋时身价倍增。
5. There is a post-midnight charge in London and Singapore, which explains why Singaporean taxis disappear after 11:30 PM and reappear at midnight. 在伦敦和新加坡还有种午夜后收费，这就是为什么新加坡的出租车在晚上11: 30后就消失，直到半夜后才又出现的原因。
6. 3 p.m. Movers still haven't arrived. I call Max, who's more enraged than before. "This is unheard-of," he says. "I'm taking another $10 off the hourly charge." 下午三点。搬运工还没到。我又给马克斯打电话。他比先前更生气。"真是闻所未闻，"他说，"我从每小时的工钱中再减去十美元。"
7. How much do you charge for a consultation? 你出诊一次要多少钱？
8. He is in charge of the municipal housing project. 他主管该市建房计划。
9. He is in charge of the procurement of materials. 他负责物资的采购。
10. Hornberg had been put in charge by the Russians of the private schools of Warsaw. 俄国人指派霍恩伯格负责华沙的私立学校。