动词过去式:caked 过去分词:caked 现在分词:caking 第三人称单数:cakes
1 [C, U] sweet food made from a mixture of flour, eggs, butter, sugar, etc baked in a certain shape or size and usu iced or decorated 糕; 蛋糕; 糕饼
*a sponge cake 海绵状蛋糕
* a chocolate cake 巧克力蛋糕
* a fruit cake 水果蛋糕
* a piece/slice of (birthday) cake 一块[片]（生日）蛋糕
* an assortment of fancy cakes 什锦花蛋糕
* Have some more cake! 再多吃些蛋糕!
2 [C] other food mixture cooked in a round flat shape 饼
*`fish cakes 鱼肉饼
* po`tato cakes 马铃薯饼.
3 [C] shaped or hardened mass of a substance 块状物
*a cake of soap 一块肥皂.
4 (idm 习语) cakes and `ale pleasurable things in life 生活中的乐事; 吃喝玩乐
*Life isn't all cakes and ale, you know. 要知道生活并非都是吃喝玩乐. get, want, etc a slice/share of the `cake get, etc a share of the benefits or profits one is or feels entitled to, eg as an employee of a business or an industry or as a member of a profession 得到应得的一份利益
*As workers in a profit-making industry, miners are demanding a larger slice of the cake. 矿工们身处赚钱的企业, 要求多分一杯羹. have one's cake and `eat it (infml 口) enjoy the benefits from two alternative courses of action, etc when only one or the other is possible （在两者中只可得其一时）两者兼得
*He wants a regular income but doesn't want to work. He can't have his cake and eat it! 他又想要有稳定的收入, 又不想工作. 他不能两者兼得. a piece of cake => piece1. sell like hot cakes => sell. take the biscuit/cake => biscuit.
1 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (in/with sth) cover sth thickly (with sth that becomes hard when dry （以乾後可变硬的东西）厚厚地覆盖某物)
*His shoes were caked with mud. 他鞋上粘着厚厚的泥.
2 [I] harden into a compact mass 结成硬块
*Blood from the wound had caked on his face. 伤口的血在他脸上结成了硬块.
A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble) achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, in which case it is mainly vanilla, with streaks of chocolate.
made from or based on a mixture of flour and sugar and eggs
1. Each of the five people had one fifth of the cake. 五个人分那块糕，每人分得五分之一。
2. Blend the butter and the sugar before adding other ingredients of the cake. 在加蛋糕的其它成分之前,先把奶油和糖混合一下.
3. When an Englishman say ´cake´ , he means sweet cake. 英国人说‘cake’的时候，指的是甜的蛋糕。
4. We are making a big cake. 我们在做一个大蛋糕.
5. There is too much spice in the cake. 饼中的香料太多。
6. This may be because we've brought suitcases full of dried cake, canned sardines, and sausages, which would keep during the long journey. 这也许是因为我们带着装满干硬糕点、罐头沙丁鱼和香肠的手提箱的缘故。这些食物在漫长旅途中不会变质。
7. He picked the biggest cake he could find. 他挑了他所能找到的最大的一块蛋糕.
8. Help yourselves to the cake. 随便吃蛋糕吧.
9. His wife was sitting beside him holding a large cake. 司机妻子正坐在他身边，手里托着块大蛋糕。
10. A cake of soap doesn´t cost much. 一块肥皂花不了多少钱。