名词:gluiness 形容词:gluey 动词过去式:glued 过去分词:glued 现在分词:gluing 第三人称单数:glues
n [U, C] thick sticky liquid used for joining things 胶; 胶水
*mend a broken cup with glue 用胶粘补破杯
* He sticks to her like glue, ie never leaves her. 他如胶似漆地寸步不离开她. Cf 参看 adhesive n, cement 2.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ A (to/onto B); ~ A and B (together) stick or join a thing or things with glue 用胶水将物体粘合
*glue wood (on) to metal 将木头粘到金属上
* glue two pieces of wood together 将两块木料粘合在一起.
2 (idm 习语) glued to sth (infml 口) continually close to sth; unwilling to leave sth 紧附于, 不愿离开, 似胶般固着于（某事物）
*He's glued to the television, ie watching it with close interest. 他目不转睛地看着电视.
* with his ear glued to the keyhole, ie listening hard to a conversation in another room 他耳朵紧贴在钥匙孔上（偷听室内谈话）.
1. There is a natural tendency for any relationship based on voluntary affection to come apart, but marriage provides the glue needed to keep a couple together by providing ties of family, in conjunction with the obligations of parents to children. 任何建立在自发爱恋基础上的关系都会趋于自然终止，但婚姻建立起家庭纽带，以及父母与子女间的责任义务，这就提供了将夫妇联结在一起的粘合剂。
2. All these he fixed together with glue , string , wax and many wires. 他用胶水、细线、洋蜡和许多电线把这些东西安装在一起。
3. And I want some glue. 我还要些胶水。
4. A bottle of glue. 一瓶胶水。
5. Jane: I´m going to get a tape,some glue or paste,a stapler and a pair of scissors. 珍妮:我要买一卷录音带, 一些粘胶和浆糊, 一个订书机和一把剪刀.
6. Lady: And I want some black ink and some glue. 女士:我还要些黑墨水和胶水.
7. I want some black ink and some glue. 我还要些黑墨水和胶水.