动词过去式:calendared 过去分词:calendared 现在分词:calendaring 第三人称单数:calendars
1 (a) chart showing the days, weeks and months of a particular year 日历
*Do you have next year's calendar? 你有明年的日历吗?
(b) device that can be adjusted to show the date each day 日历仪（可校准显示每日日期的装置）
*a desk calendar 座台日历仪.
2 (usu sing 通常作单数) list of dates or events of a particular kind 日程表
*The Cup Final is an important date in the sporting calendar. 足总杯决赛在运动日程表中是个重要日子.
3 system by which time is divided into fixed periods, and of marking the beginning and end of a year 历法
*the Gregorian/Julian/Muslim calendar 格雷果里[儒略/穆斯林]历.
[Date: 1100-1200; Language: Anglo-French;Origin: calender, from Medieval Latin kalendarium, from Latin kalendae 'first day of an ancient Roman month']
a set of pages that show the days, weeks, and months of a particular year, that you usually hang on a wall
AmEa) a book with separate spaces or pages for each day of the year, on which you write down the things you have to do
British Equivalent: diary
a desk calendar
b) all the things you plan to do in the next days, months etc
an event that deserves a place on your calendar
a system that divides and measures time in a particular way, usually starting from a particular event
the Roman/Islamic/Gregorian etc calendar
The Islamic calendar has fewer days than the Gregorian calendar.
all the events in a year that are important for a particular organization or activity
golfing/sporting/racing etc calendar
The Derby is a major event in the racing calendar.
1. But it was still too short a period for men to base a calendar on. 但时间依然太短，人们无法以此为据制定历法。
2. But by the time Julius Caesar became the ruler of the Roman Empire, the calendar had been very badly mixed up. 到了恺撒大帝成为罗马帝国统治者的时候，历法已经变得混乱不堪。
3. We use the lunar calendar. 我们采用阴历。
4. There is a wall calendar near the windows. 靠窗有一本挂历。
5. To answer questions like these we look at a calendar. 我们要看日历来回答类似的这些问题。
6. The story of our calendar dates back to the dawn of civilization. 日历的故事可以追溯至人类文明的初期。
7. The priests of ancient Babylon worked out a calendar which had 29 days in some months and 30 in others. 古巴比伦的教士推算出一种历法，有些月29天，有些月30天。
8. The early Greeks had a calendar much like the Babylonians´. So did the early Romans. 早期希腊和罗马人的日历与巴比伦人的日历十分相似。
9. To get his new calendar started in line with the seasons, Caesar moved New Year´s Day from March 1 to January 1, and so January became the first month of the year. 为了使他新的日历符合四季，恺撒将新年从3月1日改为1月1日。于是一月就成为了一年的第一个月份。
10. This Gregorian-calendar year, remarkably accurate as it is, is about 26 seconds too long. 这种格列高利日历年虽然已十分精确，却还是长出了26秒。