形容词:copyable 名词复数:copies 动词过去式:copied 过去分词:copied 现在分词:copying 第三人称单数:copies
1 [C] thing made to look like another, esp a reproduction of a letter, picture, etc 复制品（尤指信件的复写件、图片的复印件等）
*Is this the original drawing or is it a copy? 这是原画还是模本?
* a perfect copy 以假乱真的仿造物
* Make three carbon copies of the letter. 把这信复制三份.
* Photocopies cost 6p per copy. 影印文件每份收费6便士.
2 [C] individual example of a book, newspaper, record, etc of which many have been made （书、报纸、唱片等物品的）一本, 一份, 一张, 一件
*If you can't afford a new copy of the book, perhaps you can find a second-hand one. 这书要是你买不起新的, 你或许能找到一本旧的.
* You receive the top copy of the receipt, and we keep the carbon. 你把这收据上面的原件收下, 我们保留下面的复写件.
3 [U] material that is to be printed 原稿
*The journalist has handed in her copy. 这个女记者交了稿.
* The government crisis will make good copy, ie will make an interesting or exciting newspaper story. 政府的危机将成为新闻报道的好题材.
* We can give you the text on computer disk, or as hard copy, ie as writing or printing on paper. 我们可以给你一份计算机磁盘的文本, 也可以给你一份硬拷贝（手抄本或打印本）.
v (pt, pp copied)
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth (down/out) (from sth) (in/into sth) make a written copy(1) of sth 抄写; 复写某物
*copy out a letter, ie write it out again completely 缮写出信函的复本
* The teacher wrote the sums on the board, and the children copied them down in their exercise books. 老师把算术题写在黑板上, 学生再抄写在自己的练习本上.
* copy notes (from a book, etc) into a notebook 把（书等的）要点抄录在笔记本上.
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr] make a copy(1) of (sth) 复制; 复印
*copy documents on a photocopier 用复印机复印文件.
2 [Tn] (try to) do the same as (sb else); imitate 仿效, 追随（他人）; 模仿
*She's a good writer
*try to copy her style. 她是出色的作家, 你不妨学学她的写作风格.
* Don't always copy what the others do; use your own ideas. 不要老是蹈袭他人, 你应该有主见.
3 [I, Ipr] ~ (from sb) cheat by writing or doing the same thing as sb else 抄袭; 做假
*She was punished for copying during the examination. 她因考试抄袭作弊而受到处罚.
1. Even in terms of biology, a clone would not be identical to the "master copy". 即使从生物学的角度看，克隆人也不会和"母本"一模一样。
2. But the copy he gave him had not been written out in full as usual. 但这回狱卒给贵族的信没有像往常那样把全文写全，
3. Where can I obtain a copy of her latest book? 在哪里能买到她最新出版的书?
4. When he denied the train´s existence, I borrowed his copy of the timetable. 他说根本没有这趟车。于是我借他本人的列车时刻表，
5. The sales manager, who was quick-witted, replied: "My company cannot afford a two-volume edition, sir, but we could offer you a copy with a preface!" 头脑灵活的销售经理答道："先生，两卷本公司买不起，不过我们可给你弄一本带‘前言’的！"
6. Scientists in Scotland recently announced that, for the first time, they have cloned an exact copy of an adult mammal. 苏格兰科学家最近宣称，他们第一次克隆了一只成年哺乳动物。
7. The gaoler returned a few moments later with a pair of glasses and the usual copy of the letter which he proceeded to read to the prisoner. 一会儿工夫，狱卒重新登台，拿来一副眼镜以及平时使用的那封信，然后为那囚犯念了起来。
8. Is this the original drawing or is it a copy? 这是原画还是模本?
9. I bought a copy of China Pictorial. 我买了一份《人民画报》。
10. Instead, he prefers "original" and "copy". 他更愿意用"母本"和"副本"。