形容词:reproducible 名词:reproducer 动词过去式:reproduced 过去分词:reproduced 现在分词:reproducing 第三人称单数:reproduces
/,ri:prə'dju:s; [US] -'du:s; ,riprə`dus/
1 [Tn] make a copy of (a picture, etc) 复制（图画等）
*This copier can reproduce colour photographs. 这台复印机可复制彩色照片.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (as sth) cause sth to be seen or heard again, or to occur again 再现某事物的形象或声音; 放映或播放某事物
*a portrait that reproduces every detail of the sitter's face 把那被画像的人的容貌表现得维妙维肖的画像
* Her stereo system reproduces every note perfectly. 她的立体声音响设备放音效果极佳.
* Can this effect be reproduced in a laboratory? 这种效果能在实验室里产生吗?
* The computer reproduced the data as a set of diagrams. 计算机用一组图表把那些数据重新显示出来.
3 [I] have a specified quality when copied 达到某种复制效果
*Some colours reproduce well/badly. 有的颜色复制效果好[差].
4 [I, Tn] (of humans, animals, insects, etc) produce (offspring) by natural means （指人、兽、昆虫等）生殖, 繁殖
*Ferns reproduce (themselves) by spores. 蕨类植物用孢子繁殖.
v [I and T]
if an animal or plant reproduces, or reproduces itself, it produces young plants or animals The turtles return to the coast to reproduce. [T]
to make a photograph or printed copy of something Klimt's artwork is reproduced in this exquisite collector's book. [T]
to make something happen in the same way as it happened before
→copy British scientists have so far been unable to reproduce these results. [T]
to make something that is just like something else
→copy With a good set of speakers, you can reproduce the orchestra's sound in your own home.>reproducibleadj
1. Wrinkles are symbolic of the decline of her ability to reproduce. 皱纹就象征着她生育能力的衰退。
2. This copier can reproduce colour photographs. 这台复印机可复制彩色照片.
3. They can reproduce naturally and resign themselves to the risk of passing on the disease to the child. 他们可以自然生育，但却要 冒着把疾病遗传给孩子的风险；