adj sad and without enthusiasm 忧愁的; 消沉的; 沮丧的
*depressed about the election results 因选举结果而垂头丧气.
a) very unhappy
She felt lonely and depressed .
Don't get depressed about it.
The divorce left him deeply depressed .
I was depressed at the thought of all the hard work ahead.
b) suffering from a medical condition in which you are so unhappy that you cannot live a normal life
patients who are clinically depressed
an area, industry etc that is depressed does not have enough economic or business activity
Britain's depressed housing market
formal a depressed level or amount is lower than normal
a depressed appetite
1. That movie depressed me. 那部电影使我心情抑郁。
2. That night as William Easton walked home through the rain he felt very depressed. 那天晚上，威廉·伊斯顿冒着雨走回家，心情很沮丧。
3. A.You become depressed and complain bitterly about the insurance company. a.你感到沮丧，对保险公司大发牢骚。
4. You look depressed. 你看上去很抑郁。
5. My favorite is the kind who say, "Ladies and gentlemen. I'm very happy to be here" — while looking at their shoes. They don't look happy. They look angry, frightened or depressed. 我觉得最有意思的一类演说家是那些看着自己的鞋子说："女士们、先生们，我很高兴来到这里。"而他们看上去并不高兴。他们看上去或气愤、或恐惧、或是沮丧。