adj (arch 古) various; several 各种各样的; 好几个的.
1. A well-balanced diet is made up of divers foods. 均衡的饮食是由种种的食物所构成。
2. A well-balanced diet is made up of divers foods. 均衡的饮食是由种种的食物所构成。
3. So it comes as a surprise to learn that giant fish are terrifying the divers on North Sea oil rigs. 因此，听说北海石油钻井平台上的潜水员受到巨型鱼类的恐吓，确实很让人吃惊。
4. Oil rigs have to be repaired frequently and divers, who often have to work in darkness a hundred feet under water, have been frightened out of their wits by giant fish bumping into them as they work. 钻井平台需要经常修理，潜水员常常要在水面100英尺以下摸黑工作，他们曾在工作时被撞到他们身上的大鱼吓得惊惶失措。
5. I might have endangered other divers' lives if I had spilled blood in the pool. For what I knew — that few others knew — was that I was HIV-positive. 要是我的血溅到了游泳池里，就会危及其他跳水选手的生命。因为我知道--而其他很少有人知道--我是阳性艾滋病毒携带者。