动词过去式:evidenced 过去分词:evidenced 现在分词:evidencing 第三人称单数:evidences
1 [U] ~ (to do sth/that...) (esp law 尤用于法律) information that gives a reason for believing sth or proves sth 根据; 证据; 证词
*There wasn't enough evidence to prove him guilty. 没有充分的证据证明他有罪.
* Have you any evidence to support this statement? 你这种说法有根据吗?
* His statement to the police was used in evidence against him. 他对警方说的话已用作指证他的证据.
* A scientist must produce evidence in support of a theory. 科学家必须提出证据以支持其理论.
* not a bit/piece/scrap/shred of evidence 没有一点[一项/丝毫/点滴]证据.
2 [U, C] indication or trace 迹象; 痕迹
*The room bore evidence (ie showed signs) of a struggle. 这房间里有搏斗过的痕迹.
* evidences of glacial action on the rocks 岩石上的冰河留下的痕迹.
3 (idm 习语) (be) in evidence clearly or easily seen 显而易见的; 清楚的; 明显的
*He's the sort of man who likes to be very much in evidence at important meetings, ie who likes to be seen and noticed. 他是非常喜欢在重大会议上出风头的那种人. on the evidence of sth using sth as evidence 用某事物作为证据
*On the evidence of their recent matches it's unlikely the Spanish team will win the cup. 从西班牙队最近的比赛情况来看, 他们难以在这一锦标赛中夺标. turn King's/Queen's `evidence (Brit) (US turn State's `evidence) (of a criminal) give evidence in court against one's partners in order to receive a less severe sentence oneself （指罪犯）作污点证人（告发同犯的）. weigh the evidence => weigh.
v [Tn] (fml 文) prove (sth) by evidence; be evidence of 证明（某事物）
*His answer evidenced a guilty conscience. 他的回答证明他良心有愧.
1. But a closer study of the evidence, supported by a deeper sense of the period, and particularly by a new consciousness of the philosophical undercurrents in the scientific revolution, has profoundly modified this view of Galileo. 但是，对那个时代的深化了解，尤其是以科学家革命中哲学潜流的新意识为依据，进一步仔细研究，就会极大地改变对伽利略的看法。
2. But so far the only evidence for a genetic component has been through statistics, the relationship being inferred mathematically from comparisons of twins and other such studies of close relatives. 但迄今为止，遗传基因所占比重的仅有的证据只是一些统计数据，即，从对双胞胎的比较，以及对其他血缘接近者的研究中得出的数学统计关系。
3. But the conference heard equally strong evidence for the role that environmental factors play in creating genius. 但是那次会议也提出了同样充分的证据支持环境因素在创造天才上的作用。
4. When you adduce evidence of this nature, you must be sure of your sources. 在你提供实质性的证据时, 你必须知道这个证据的来源。
5. We had to evolve the truth from a mass of confused evidence. 我们不得不从大量庞杂的证据中推断出事情的真象。
6. The evidence is interesting, but cannot be considered conclusive. 这证据很有意思, 但不足为信。
7. They will hardly know which facts to select from the great mass of evidence that steadily accumulates. 对于逐渐积累起来的庞大材料，他们几乎不知道选取哪些好，
8. There is plenty of evidence that, too often, pressure from parents results in children suffering fatigue rather than becoming geniuses. 大量证据表明，家长的压力常会导致孩子疲劳厌倦而不是成为天才。
9. However, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the zoo felt obliged to investigate. 然而, 当证据日趋增多时,该动物园的专家们感到有必要进行调查.
10. His wet coat was evidence that he had been outside. 他的外衣湿了，证明他出去过。