1 introduced from another country; not native 由外国引进的; 非本地的
*exotic houseplants 引进的室内盆栽
* monkeys and other exotic animals 猴子及外来的其他动物
* mangoes and other exotic fruits 果及其他外国水果.
2 striking or attractive because colourful or unusual （因富色彩或式样奇特）醒目的, 吸引人的, 漂亮的
*exotic plumage 别致的羽毛
* exotic clothes 奇装异服.
[Date: 1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin: exoticus, from Greek exotikos, from exo 'outside']
something that is exotic seems unusual and interesting because it is related to a foreign country - use this to show approval
1. Even as a child, the sight of exotic trees, foreign maps and descriptions of tropic zones had moved me to tears, for I had a longing for a homeland for my soul." 即使是童年时期，异样的树木、外国的地图、关于热带地区的描述，都使我激动得流泪，因为我热切期望着找到我灵魂的归宿。”
2. He liked New York for its exotic manners. 他喜欢纽约的那种异国情调。
3. Country people run wild when they go shopping in the city and stagger home loaded with as many of the exotic items as they can carry. 乡里人进城采购欣喜若狂，每次回家时都买足了外来商品，直到拿不动方才罢休，连走路都摇摇晃晃的。