名词复数:hurries 名词:hurrier 动词过去式:hurried 过去分词:hurried 现在分词:hurrying 第三人称单数:hurries
1 [U] need or wish to get something done quickly; eager haste 匆忙; 急忙
*In his hurry to leave, he forgot his passport. 他急急忙忙动身的时候, 忘了带护照.
* There's no hurry, so do it slowly and carefully. 不必赶时间, 要慢慢细心地做.
* What's the hurry? 忙什么呀?
* Why all the hurry? 为什么这样匆匆忙忙?
2 (idm 习语) in a `hurry
(a) quickly; hastily 迅速地; 匆忙地
*She dressed in a hurry. 她迅速穿好衣服.
(b) eager; impatient 急切; 赶紧
*He was in a hurry to leave. 他急于离开.
(c) (infml 口) (usu with a negative 通常与否定词连用) soon; readily 立刻; 乐意地; 轻易地
*I shan't invite him again in a hurry he behaved very badly. 我实在不愿意再邀请他--他的举止太不像话.
* She won't forget that in a hurry. 她不会一下子就忘的. in no `hurry/not in any `hurry
(a) not eager or under pressure to act 不急于行动; 不着忙
*I don't mindwaiting I'm not in any particular hurry. 我可以等着--我没有什么急事儿.
(b) unwilling 不愿意
*I'm in no hurry to see him again. 我不愿再见到他.
v (pt, pp hurried)
1 (a) [I, Ipr, Ip] do sth or move quickly or too quickly; rush 迅速地或仓促地做某事或移动; 赶紧
*Don't hurry; there's plenty of time. 别忙, 有的是时间.
* It's no use trying to make her hurry. 想催她快点是没用的.
* He picked up his bag and hurried off along the platform. 他拿起提包急急忙忙地沿着站台走了.
* Hurry along, children! 孩子们, 赶快!
(b) [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] make (sb) do sth or move quickly or too quickly 使（某人）迅速地或仓促地做某事或移动; 催（某人）
*We're late; I must hurry you. 咱们迟到了, 我必须催你一下.
* They hurried him into hospital. 他们催他上医院.
* I was hurried into making an unwise decision. 我在催逼之下草率地做出了不智的决定.
2 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (along/up) hasten the progress of sth 使某事加快; 催促某事物
*This work needs care; it mustn't be hurried. 这活儿需要细心, 催不得.
* A good meal should never be hurried. 美食不应狼吞虎咽.
3 (phr v) hurry up (infml 口) move more quickly or too quickly; do sth more quickly 加快地或仓促地移动; 快些做某事
*I wish the train would hurry up and come. 我希望列车快点开来.
* Hurry up and get ready we're waiting! 快点准备好--我们在等着呢! hurry sb/sth up make sb/sth do sth or move quickly or too quickly; speed sth up 使某人[某事物]迅速地或仓促地做某事或移动; 使某事物加快速度
*He's a good worker but he needs hurrying up. 他工作做得好, 只是需要督促. hurried adj done quickly or too quickly 匆匆赶完的; 仓促完成的
*a hurried meal 匆匆吃完的一顿饭
* write a few hurried lines 草草写几行字. hurriedly adv
*We had to leave rather hurriedly. 我们只好匆匆离去.
1. Why are you in such a hurry? 为什么你这么匆忙?
2. Tell him to hurry.We must leave before ten after eight. 叫他赶快,我们必须在八点十分前离开.
3. Tell him to hurry.We must leave before ten after eight. 叫他赶快,我们必须在八点十分前离开.
4. There is none of the hurry which, in our society, often hampers the full development of a growing personality. 那里没有我们今天社会中的匆忙生活，而匆忙的生活常常妨碍个性的全面发展。
5. The members of the Red Cross are always among the first who hurry to the scene and are always equipped to bring help and relief. 红十字会总是最先出现在现场并随时准备提供帮助和救济。
6. They're all for it. They all speak highly of themselves for seeking it out, at least for an hour or even two before they hurry home for tea. 他们都赞成独处，都因能够独处而自视甚高，至少在他们匆匆忙忙赶回家喝茶之前的一两个小时之内是如此。
7. Now, would you please hurry up and turn it off? Get ready for school or you'll be late!" 好了，请快点，把它关了。准备上学，不然就迟到了。"
8. Hurry up, Sam! 快，萨姆。
9. A few minutes later, I was able to hurry away with precious chalk-marks on my baggage. 几分钟后,我才能提着带有几个得来不易的粉笔记号的行李匆匆离去.
10. A few minutes later, I was able to hurry away with precious chalk marks on my baggage. 几分钟后，我终于被放行，手提划着宝贵的粉笔记号的行李，匆匆离去。