vi.参加,结合,加入 vt.连接,结合,参加,加入 n.连接,结合,接合点 用子目录名取代驱动器符
动词过去式:joined 过去分词:joined 现在分词:joining 第三人称单数:joins
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Tn.p] ~ sth onto sth/on; ~ A to B; ~ A and B (together/up) fasten one thing to another; connect or combine two things 连结;结合; 联合
*Two extra carriages were joined onto the train/joined on at York. 列车在约克又挂上了两节车厢.
* join one section of pipe to the next 把一段管道与相邻的管道连接起来
* join two sections of pipe together 把两条管子接在一起
* The island is joined to the mainland by a bridge. 岛上有座桥与大陆相连.
* (fig 比喻) join two people (together) in marriage, ie make them man and wife 使二人结为夫妻.
2 [I, Ipr, Ip, Tn] ~ up with sb/sth; ~ up meet and unite with (sb/sth) to form one group or thing 与（某人[某物]）会合或相聚
*the place where the rivers join 河流的汇合处
* The firm joined up with a small delivery company to reduce costs. 该商行与一家小运输公司合并以降低成本.
* The M62 joins up with the M1/The M62 and the M1 join up south of Leeds. 62号高速公路与1号高速公路在利兹以南会合.
* The two groups of walkers joined up for the rest of the holiday. 两组步行度假者会合一起度过剩下的假期.
* The road joins the motorway at Newtown. 该路在纽敦与高速公路连接.
3 [Tn] come into the company of (sb); meet 与（某人）在一起、会面或相见
*I'll join you in a minute. 我马上就来找你.
* Ask him to join us for lunch. 请他和我们一起吃午饭.
* Mary has just joined her family in Australia. 玛丽不久前刚和她的家人在澳大利亚团聚.
* They joined (ie got on) the train at Watford. 他们在沃特福德上的火车.
4 [I, Tn] become a member of (sth); become an employee in (sth) 参加（某组织）; 加入（某处任职）
*Membership is free, so join today! 免交会费, 今天 就参加吧!
* join a union, choir, club, etc 参加工会、唱诗班、俱乐部等
* join the army, navy, police, etc 加入陆军、海军、警务部门等.
5 (a) [Tn] take part in (sth); take one's place in (sth) 参与（某事）; 在（某事）中占一位置
*join a demonstration, procession, queue, etc 参加游行、加入一长列、排队.
(b) [Ipr, Tn.pr] join (with) sb in doing sth/to do sth; ~ together in doing sth/to do sth take part with sb in an activity 与某人一起参加活动
*Mother joins (with) me in sending you our best wishes. 我母亲和我一起向你表示美好的祝愿.
* The class all joined together to sing `Happy Birthday' to the teacher. 全班一起为老师唱｀生日快乐＇歌.
6 (idm 习语) if you can't beat them join them => beat1. join battle (with sb) (fml 文) begin fighting sb 与某人交战. join the `club (said when sth bad that has already happened to oneself now happens to sb else 自己遇到过的倒霉事别人也遇到时, 可用此语表达)
*You've got a parking-ticket? Well join the club! 你收到违章停车罚款通知单了? 这真是无独有偶! join `forces (with sb) come together in order to achieve a common aim 联合以达到共同的目的
*The two firms joined forces to win a major contract. 两家公司联合起来以争得一桩大生意. join `hands hold each other's hands 联手; 携手.
7 (phr v) join in (sth/doing sth) take part in (an activity) 参加（活动）
*Can I join in (the game)? 我参加（这个游戏）行吗?
* They all joined in singing the Christmas carols. 他们一起唱圣诞颂歌. join up become a member of the armed forces 参军; 从军
*We both joined up in 1939. 我们俩都是1939年入伍的.
n place or line where two things are joined 连接处; 接缝
*The two pieces were stuck together so well that you could hardly see the join. 这两块粘合得真好, 几乎看不出接缝.
1. Through open exchanges of scientific facts as well as support of international organizations such as the World Health Organization, all nations can join efforts to fight against this life-threatening disease. 通过公开交流科学资料和诸如世界卫生组织这类国际性组织的支持，各国就能携手与这危及人类生命的疾病作斗争。
2. He had been obliged to join the army during the Second World War. 第二次世界大战期间被迫参军。
3. Humboldt went to Paris in 1798, hoping to go on to Egypt to join a scientific expedition. 1798年，洪堡去了巴黎，希望从那里继续前往埃及参加一次科学探险。
4. A story is told about a Swede who wanted to join Napoleon´s Grand Army. 有一篇故事讲的是一个要参加拿破仑的瑞典人的事.
5. A story is told about a Swede who wanted to join Napoleon´s Grand Army. 有一篇故事讲的是一个要参加拿破仑的瑞典人的事.
6. A story is told about a Swede who wanted to join Napoleon´s Grand Army. 有一篇故事讲的是一个要参加拿破仑的瑞典人的事.
7. Myth and reality did join hands in at least one arena, 但神话和事实至少在某一个舞台上共存，
8. Myth and reality did join hands in at least one arena. 但神话与现实至少在一个竞技场上.
9. B.You decide you'll spend important holidays with family members you like best and ask others to join you for lesser holidays. b.你决定和自己最喜欢的家庭成员一起度过重要的假期，请其他人在不太重要的假期里与你相聚。
10. Let´s join hands and struggle together. 咱们携起手来共同斗争。