n (often without a when singular 用作单数时, 常不用冠词a)
1 [C] ~ (of sth) some but not all of a thing or number of things 部分
(a) part of our holiday in France. 我们假期一段时间是在法国度过的.
* The early part of her life was spent in Paris. 她早年住在巴黎.
* She had a miserable holiday she was ill for part of the time. 她假日过得很不痛快--因为病了一段时间.
* The film is good in parts. 这部影片有些部分还不错.
* Parts of the book are interesting. 这部书有些地方写得很有趣.
* We've done the difficult part of the job. 我们已把工作中的困难部分做完了.
* The police only recovered part of the stolen money. 警方只追回了部分赃款.
* Part of the building was destroyed in the fire. 建筑物有一部分已烧毁.
2 [C] ~ (of sth)
(a) distinct portion of a human or animal body or of a plant （人或动植物可区分的）部分
*the parts of the body 身体各部
* Which part of your leg hurts? 你腿上哪儿痛?
(b) (usu essential) piece or component of a machine or structure （机器或结构的）部件, （通常指）组成部分
*lose one of the parts of the lawn-mower 丢失刈草机上的一个零件
* the working parts of a machine 机器的操作部件
* spare parts 备件.
(c) area or region of a country, town, etc （国家、市镇等的）地区, 区域
*Which parts of France have you visited? 你去过法国哪些地方?
* Which part of London do you come from? 你是伦敦什么地方的人?
* Do come and visit us if you're ever in our part of the world. 什么时候到我们这一带来, 一定来和我们见见面.
(d) member of sth 成员
*We'd like you to feel you're part of the family. 希望你能感到像一家人一样.
* work as part of a team 作为小组中一员进行工作.
3 [C] division of a book, broadcast serial, etc, esp as much as is published or broadcast at one time （书、广播连续节目等）部, 集（尤指长短适合于一次出版或播出者）
*a TV serial in
10 parts, ie instalments 十集电视连续剧
* an encyclopaedia published in
25 weekly parts 每周出一次, 分25个星期出齐的一套百科全书
* Henry IV, Part II 《亨利四世·第二部分》.
4 [C] each of several equal portions of a whole （整体的若干等份中的）一部分
*a sixtieth part of a minute 一分钟的六十分之一
* She divided the cake into three parts. 她把饼分成三份.
5 [C usu sing 通常作单数] ~ (in sth) person's share in an activity; role （活动中的）个人部分, 作用, 本分
*Everyone must do his part. 大家都要做好分内的事.
* He had no part in the decision. 他并未参予那一决定.
* I want no part in this sordid business. 我不想和这一肮脏勾当有任何瓜葛.
(a) role played by an actor in a play, film, etc （戏剧、电影等中的）人物, 角色
*He took/played the part of Hamlet. 他去哈姆雷特这个角色.
* He was very good in the part. 这个角色他扮演得十分出色.* (fig 比喻) He's always acting/playing a part, ie pretending to be what he is not. 他老是装模作样.
(b) words spoken by an actor playing a particular role 角色的台词
*Have you learnt your part yet? 你的台词背熟了吗?
7 [C] (music 音) melody or other line of music given to a particular voice or instrument 部; 声部; 段
*sing in three parts 三部合唱
* the piano, violin, cello, etc part 钢琴、小提琴、大提琴等部.
8 parts [pl] region or area 地区; 地域
*She's not from these parts. 她不是这一带的人.
* He's just arrived back from foreign parts. 他刚从国外归来.
9 [C] (US) =parting 2.
10 (idm 习语) the best part of sth most of sth (esp a period of time) （某事物的）绝大部分（尤指一段时间）
*I spent the best part of an hour trying to find my car keys. 我花了近一个小时找汽车钥匙.
* You must have drunk the best part of a bottle of wine last night. 你昨天晚上喝了准有一瓶葡萄酒. the better part of sth more than half of sth （某事物的）大半, 多半
* We've lived here for the better part of a year. 我们在这里住了多半年了. discretion is the better part of valour => discretion. for the `most part on the whole; usually; mostly 整体上; 通常; 多半
*Japanese TV sets are, for the most part, of excellent quality. 日本电视机大多质量优良. for `my part as far as I am concerned 就我来说
*For my part, I don't mind where we eat. 对我来说, 到哪儿吃饭都无所谓. the greater part of sth => great. in `part to a certain extent; partly 在某种程度上; 部分地
*His success was due in part to luck. 他成功的部分原因是运气好. look the part wear clothes or have an appearance suitable for a job, role, position, etc 在什么场合就有什么扮相
*At her wedding the new princess certainly looked the part. 王妃在婚礼上还挺是那么回事. a man/woman of (many) `parts person with many skills or talents 多面手; 多才多艺的人. on the part of sb/on sb's part made or done by sb 由某人做出
*It was an error on my part. 那是我的过失.
* The agreement has been kept on my part but not on his, ie by me but not by him. 我一直遵守协议, 但他并不遵守. part and parcel of sth an essential part of sth 主要部分; 重要部分
*Keeping the accounts is part and parcel of my job. 我的工作主要是记帐. play a part (in sth)
(a) be involved in an activity 参加某活动
*She plays an active part in local politics. 她积极参与地方政治活动.
(b) make a contribution to sth; have a share in sth 对某事起作用、有贡献; 参与
*She played a major part in the success of the scheme. 她对该计画的成功起了重要作用.
* We all have a part to play in the fight against crime. 在与犯罪活动的斗争中人人有责.
* Economic factors have played a significant part in Britain's decline as a world power. 英国在世界强国中的地位逐渐衰弱, 主要是经济因素造成的. take sth in good `part react to sth in a good-natured way; not be offended by sth 对某事物往好处想; 不计较; 不介意
*He took the teasing in good part. 他认为逗弄他并无恶意. take part (in sth) have a share or role in sth with others; be involved in sth; participate in sth 参加, 参与（某事物）
*take part in a discussion, demonstration, game, fight, celebration 参加讨论、游行、比赛、战斗、庆祝
* How many countries will be taking part (in the World Cup)? 有多少国家要参加（世界杯赛）? take sb's `part support sb (eg in an argument) 支持某人（如在辩论中）
*His mother always takes his part. 他母亲总是站在他一边. > part adv partly 部分地
*She is part French, part English. 她有法国血统, 也有英国血统.
* The dress is part silk, part wool. 这件连衣裙是丝毛混纺的.
* Her feelings were part anger, part relief. 她既感愤怒又觉宽慰.
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (from sb); ~ sb (from sb) (cause sb to) go away or separate from sb （使某人）离开或与某人分离
*I hope we can part (as) friends, ie leave one another with no feeling of anger or resentment, eg after a quarrel. 希望我们能像朋友般和气分手.
* They exchanged a final kiss before parting. 他们最後相互亲吻而分离.
* She has parted from her husband/She and her husband have parted, ie started to live apart. 她和丈夫已分居了.
* The children were parted from their father. 孩子们和父亲分开了.
2 [I, Tn] (cause sb/sth to) divide or form separate parts （使某人[某物]）分开, 分成部分
*Her lips parted in a smile. 她绽唇微笑.
* The crowd parted to let them through. 人群分开好让他们通过.
* The clouds parted and the sun shone through. 云开日出.
* The police parted the crowd. 警察驱散了人群.
3 [Tn] separate (the hair of the head) along a line and comb the hair away from it 将（头发）梳成分头
*He parts his hair in the middle. 他的头发是中分的.
4 (idm 习语) a fool and his money are soon parted => fool1. part `company (with sb/sth)
(a) go different ways or separate after being together 分手; 各奔东西; 各奔前程
*We parted company at the bus-stop. 我们在公共汽车站分手了.
* He and his agent have parted company/He has parted company with his agent. 他和他的代理人散伙了.
* (joc 谑) Her blouse had parted company with her skirt, ie become untucked. 她的上衣从裙子里出来了.
* (fig 比喻) It is on political questions that their views part company, ie are different. 他们在政治问题上见解不同.
(b) disagree with sb 与某人意见不合
*I'm afraid I have to part company with you there. 看来在这一点上我不敢苟同.
5 (phr v) part with sth give away or relinquish sth 放弃或出让某物
*Despite his poverty, he refused to part with the family jewels. 他尽管贫穷, 却不肯变卖家中的珠宝.
* He hates parting with (ie spending) his money. 他很不喜欢花钱.