1 (esp pl, often in compounds 尤作复数, 常用以构成复合词) companion; comrade 同伴; 同志
* fellows in good fortune, misery 共安乐、共患难的人
* Her fellows share her interest in computers. 她的同伴跟她一样对计算机感兴趣.
2 [attrib 作定语] of the same class, kind, etc 同阶层的; 同种的; 同类的
*a fellow member 同一组织的成员
* one's ,fellow-`countrymen 同胞.
3 (esp Brit) member of a learned society 学术团体的成员
*Fellow of the Royal Academy 皇家学会会员.
4 member of the governing body of some colleges or universities （某些学院或大学的）董事.
5 (esp US) graduate student holding a fellowship （接受奖学金的）研究生.
6 (fml or rhet 文或修辞) one of a pair 一对中之一
*Here's one of my shoes, but where's its fellow? 我的一只鞋在这里, 另一只在哪里呢?
7 (infml 口) man or boy; chap 男人; 男孩; 小伙子
*He's a nice fellow. 他是个很好的人.
* Poor fellow! 可怜的小伙子!
* (joc 谑) Where can a fellow (ie Where can I) get a bite to eat round here? 我在附近什么地方能弄到点吃的?
8 (idm 习语) be hail-fellow-well-met (with sb) => hail.
1. But he felt pretty good he had been one of the lucky ones, who had received his shots to make him young again before he turned 40, so he was still a young-looking fellow. 他曾经是那些幸运者中的一个，这些幸运者在40岁之前接受了重返青春的注射，因此他看上去仍像个年轻人。
2. What a senseless fellow he is! 他是个多么愚蠢的家伙!
3. We would lay less stress on ´facts and figures´ and more on a good memory, on applied psychology, and on the capacity of a man to get along with his fellow-citizens. 人们不会重视1资料和数据´，而靠好记性、实用心理学与同伴相处的能力。
4. When a team member who is a doctor first gave lectures to his fellow doctors, he called it a "new technique". 有一位小组成员，他本人是个医生，当他第一次给自己的同事做讲座时，他称它为"新技术"。
5. The gaoler looked on eagerly, anxious to see if his fellow actor had at last learnt his lines. 狱卒热切地观察着，急于想了解他的同事是否记熟了台词。
6. They're more comfortable being with fellow workers than with family and friends. 与跟家人和朋友们在一起相比，他们觉得和同事们在一起感到更舒服自在。
7. They picked up the bank guard who, poor fellow, was still lying flat on the floor. There was a good deal of confusion (混乱). 门外繁华的街道上生活仍然正常地进行着，我也漫步走回学校。途中我碰到了学校的会计，并平静地向他提及了我刚刚经历了一起银行抢劫案。当然，他非常惊讶，并且问我，"想喝点什么吗？"我说"好的。"
8. He is a decent fellow. 他是个正派的人。
9. Homework help can come equally from the local library, or libraries and databases in places as far apart as New York and London, or from teachers and fellow students around the globe. 做家庭作业时，既可以向本地的图书馆，也可以向远在像纽约和伦敦这样的地方的图书馆和数据库查询。还可以向世界各地的老师和同学求教。
10. Alf did this for over two years and his fellow dustmen kept his secret. 两年多以来，艾尔弗一直这样，他的同事也为他保守秘密。