1 [U] mixing orbeing mixed 混合; 混合状态.
2 [C] thing made by mixing 混合之物
*a `cough mixture, ie containing several medicines 复方咳嗽药
* The city was a mixture of old and new buildings. 该市是新旧建筑物的混合体.
3 [sing] (chemistry 化) combination of two or more substances which do not alter their composition 混合物
*Air is a mixture, not a compound, of gases. 空气是多种气体的混合物, 不是化合物. Cf 参看 compound1 1, element 3.
1400-1500; Language: Old French;Origin:
misture, from Latin
mixtura, from mixtus; MIX1
a combination of two or more different things, feelings, or types of peoplemixture of The town is a mixture of the old and the new. the mixture of different people living in the city She felt a strange mixture of excitement and fear. a mixture of emotions [U and C]
a liquid or other substance made by mixing several substances together, especially in cooking
→compoundmixture of Fill the bread with a mixture of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Pour the mixture into four small dishes.[C]technical
a combination of substances that are put together but do not mix with each other
1. Air is a mixture of gases. 空气是各种气体的混合物。
2. ´It´s a strange mixture I make myself.´ "这是一种我自己配制的奇特的混合物。"
3. A particular pattern of management behavior develops from a complex mixture of unique cultural factors — and will only work within a given culture. 某一特定的管理行为模式，是由其独特的文化因素复合发展而成的——因而仅在一定的文化中起作用。
4. Commitment among parents is a key ingredient in the Hyde mixture. 在海德中学的综合教育中，父母的参与是一个关键的组成部分。