n.突围,(感情等)迸发,俏皮话,远足 v.突围,出发 Sally 萨利(女子名)
名词复数:sallies 动词过去式:sallied 过去分词:sallied 现在分词:sallying 第三人称单数:sallies
1 (a) sudden attack, esp by troops surrounded by the enemy 出击; （尤指）突围
*make a successful sally 进行突围成功.
(b) (joc 谑) quick journey 短途旅行
*a brief sally to the shops 逛逛商店.
2 lively or witty, usu good-humoured, remark 俏皮话.
v (pt, pp sallied) (phr v) sally out/forth (fml 文)
(a) emerge suddenly, usu from a place where one is surrounded, to attack an enemy 出击; 突围
*sally out against the besiegers 向包围的敌人出击.
(b) (joc 谑) set out somewhere or to do sth 出发; 着手做某事
*Party workers sallied forth in a drive to find new members. 党的工作人员发起了纳新运动.
1. Where´s Sally, Jack? 杰克，萨莉在哪儿？
2. His eyes twinkled beneath his bushy brows when he heard some bright sally or pointed retort. 每当听到某些不同凡响的警句或一针见血的反驳，他那浓眉下的双眼便炯炯发光。
3. ´Why are you doing that?´ Sally asked. "你为什么要那样做呢？"萨莉问。
4. ´But you are still ugly,´ Sally said. "可是你仍然难看呀，"萨莉说。
5. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady came into our compartment and sat opposite Sally. 突然, 一个中年妇女走进我们的小间, 坐在莎利对面.
6. Sally was amused, but I was very embarrassed! 莎利觉得好玩, 但我却很尴尬.
7. Sally was very excited because she had never travelled on a train before. 莎利非常激动, 因为她从未乘过火车.
8. Sally´s attractive new coiffure was arranged for her by my sister´s hair stylist. 莎莉那个吸引人的新发型是我妹妹的发型设计师为她设计的。
9. Sally is looking at a big ship. 莎利在看一艘大轮船.
10. Sally´s attractive new coiffure was arranged for her by my sister´s hair stylist. 莎莉那个吸引人的新发型是我妹妹的发型设计师为她设计的。