动词过去式:boarded 过去分词:boarded 现在分词:boarding 第三人称单数:boards
1 [C] long thin flat piece of cut wood used for building walls, floors, boats, etc （长而薄的）木板（用于建造墙壁、地板、船身等）.
2 [U] (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) material made of compressed wood fibres, etc and cut into thin stiff sheets （用压缩木纤维等制成的）硬薄板
3 [C usu pl 通常作复数] thick stiff paper (sometimes covered with cloth) used for book covers （书籍封面用的）厚硬纸板（有时加有布面）
*a book bound in cloth boards 用布面纸板作封面的书.
4 [C] (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) flat piece of wood or other stiff material used for a specific purpose 板子; 牌子
* an `ironing-board
* a `diving-board
* a `breadboard, ie for cutting bread on.
5 [C] flat surface marked with patterns, etc on which certain games are played 棋盘
*[attrib 作定语] Chess, draughts and ludo are `board games. 国际象棋、国际跳 棋及儿童掷色子游戏都是在棋盘上比赛的游戏. =>illus at chess 见chess之插图.
6 the boards [pl] (dated or joc 旧或谑) the theatre; acting as a profession 舞台; 演艺业
*Are you still treading the boards? 你还在当演员吗?
7 [CGp] group of people controlling a company or some other organization; committee; council （公司或其他机构的）主管人员; 委员会; 理事会; 董事会
*the `coal/`gas/elec`tricity/`water board 煤炭[煤气/电力/水务]部
* the board of governors (of a school) （学校的）董事会
* She has a seat on/is on the board (of directors) of a large company. 她是某大公司董事会成员之一.
* The board is/are unhappy about falling sales. 董事会对销售额下降很不满.
* [attrib 作定语] a `board meeting 董事会议.
8 [U] (cost of) daily meals (in rented accommodation) （寄宿时的）膳食（费）
40 a week (for) board and lodging. 他每周支付膳宿费40英镑.
9 (idm 习语) (be) above `board (esp of a business transaction) honest and open （尤指商业交易）光明正大的
*The deal was completely above board. 这笔交易是完全光明正大的.
* [attrib 作定语] an a,bove-board `deal 光明正大的交易. a,cross the `board
(a) involving all members, groups or classes (of a co
1 [Tn, Tn.p] ~ sth (up/over) cover sth with boards (board1 1) 用木板覆盖（某物）
*a boarded floor 木板地面
* All the windows were boarded up. 所有窗户都用木板遮住了.
2 (a) [I, Ipr] ~ (at.../with sb) take meals (and usu live) in sb's house 在某人家中寄膳（通常兼寄宿）
*He boarded at my house/with me until he found a flat. 他找到住房之前, 在我家寄膳.
(b) [Tn] provide (sb) with meals and accommodation 给（某人）提供膳宿
*She usually boards students during the college term. 她经常在学期中给学生提供膳宿.
3 [Tn] get on or into (a ship, a train, an aircraft, a bus, etc) 上（船、火车、飞机、公共汽车等）
*Please board the plane immediately. 请立刻上飞机.
* Flight BA193 for Paris is now boarding, ie is ready for passengers to board. 乘飞往巴黎的BA193班机的旅客现在可以登机.
4 (phr v) board out have meals away from the place where one lives 在外搭伙. board sb out give sb food and lodging away from his place of work, school, etc 供给某人在外膳宿（不在工作地、学校等）
*Many students have to be boarded out in the town. 许多学生得在城里膳宿.
1. Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened. 飞机上所有的人都很着急，我们急于想了解出了什么事，
2. Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened. 飞机上的人都很着急，大家都急于想知道究竟出了什么事。
3. Eventually, a man speaking broken Polish approaches us, takes us to the ticket window, and then helps us board our train. 终于,一个操着洋泾浜的波兰语的人走了过来，把我们带到了售票处，并帮我们登上了火车。
4. Everyone was alarmed when I hit my head on the board at the trials in Seoul. 汉城奥运会预赛时我头部碰到了跳板，大家都很吃惊。
5. Before she had anchored, the men from the boats had climbed on board 大船还未下锚。小船上的人就纷纷爬上客轮。
6. Bonpland was hauled back on board unharmed. 庞普朗被完好无损地拉回到了船上。
7. We read the declaration posted on the bulletin board. 我们读了贴在布告板上的通告。
8. When I was only eighteen months old, I started gym classes. At ten, I explored doing gym exercises off the diving board at the pool. 我18个月大的时候便开始接受体操训练。十岁时我便在游泳池的跳板上练体操。
9. The board disavowed the action of the executive. 董事会拒绝对总经理的行动承担责任。
10. They waved farewell to their friends on board the ship. 他们对船上的朋友挥手告别。