vt.烦扰,打扰 vi.烦恼,操心 n.麻烦,烦扰 v.打扰
动词过去式:bothered 过去分词:bothered 现在分词:bothering 第三人称单数:bothers
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr, Dn.t] ~ sb (about/with sth) cause trouble or annoyance to sb; pester sb 打扰或烦扰某人; 给某人添麻烦
*I'm sorry to bother you, but could you tell me the way to the station? 对不起打扰一下, 请问去车站怎么走?
* Does the pain from your operation bother you much? 你手术後疼得很难受吗?
* Does my smoking bother you? 我吸烟会不会影响你?
* Don't bother your father (about it) now; he's very tired. 现在别（拿这个）去打搅你父亲, 他很累了.
* He's always bothering me to lend him money. 他老是闹着要我借给他钱.
(b) [Tn] worry (sb) 使（某人）不安
*What's bothering you? 你愁什么呢?
* Don't let his criticisms bother you. 别因为他批评你而感到烦恼.
* The problem has been bothering me for weeks. 那问题已经困扰了我几个星期.
* It bothers me that he can be so insensitive. 他这样麻木不仁, 我心里很不痛快.
2 (a) [I, Tt] take the time or trouble (to do sth) （为做某事物）费工夫, 添麻烦
*`Shall I help you with the washing up?' `Don't bother I'll do it later.' ｀要不要我帮你洗碗碟?＇｀不用麻烦了--我待一会儿洗.＇
* He didn't even bother to say thank you. 他甚至连说一声谢谢都不肯.
(b) [Ipr] ~ about sb/sth concern oneself about sb/sth 关心某人[某事物]
*Don't bother about us we'll join you later. 别惦记我们--我们不久就和你们在一起了.
3 [Tn] (used in the imperative to express annoyance at sth 用于祈使句, 表示对某事物厌烦)
*Bother this car! It's always breaking down. 这辆汽车真讨厌! 老抛锚.
4 (idm 习语) bother oneself/one's head about sth be anxious or concerned about sth 为某事物焦虑或操心. can't be bothered (to do sth) not do sth because one considers it to be too much trouble 嫌麻烦而不为; 偷懒
*The grass needs cutting but I can't be bothered to do it today. 草得剪一剪了, 但我今天却懒得去做.
* He could produce excellent work but usually he can't be bothered. 他其实可以把工作做好, 可他往往嫌费事而不干. hot and bothered => hot.
1 [U] trouble; inconvenience 麻烦; 不便
*a spot of bother 不便之处
* Did you have much bother finding the house? 你找到这所房子费劲吗?
* `Thanks for your help!' `It was no bother.' ｀谢谢你的帮助!＇ ｀没什么.＇
* I'm sorry to have put you to all this bother, ie to have caused you so much inconvenience. 真抱歉给你添了这么多的麻烦.
2 a bother [sing] annoying thing; nuisance 恼人的事物; 讨厌的事物
*What a bother! We've missed the bus. 真恼人! 我们误了公共汽车.
interj (used to express annoyance 用以表示烦恼 )
*Oh bother! I've left my money at home. 真讨厌! 我把钱落在家里了.
1. Don´t bother me with such petty things. 不要用这种小事情烦我。
2. Does my snoring bother you? 我打呼噜影响你吗?
3. A.You lose sleep from the anxiety and bother of appearing in court. a.你因为要出庭而产生的焦虑和烦恼而失眠。
4. And why bother rebuilding the nation when the only goal is to abandon it? 还有，既然人们的惟一目标是抛弃这个国家，为何还要费心去重建它呢?
5. You won´t bother me.I´m finished now. 你不会打扰我的, 我现在结束了.
6. You´d better not bother that guy. 你最好不要惹那个家伙.
7. She ignored her teachers' advice to become an English teacher and didn't bother with going on to a university because "I was ready to plunge into my life as an artist." 她没有听从老师的建议做一名英语老师，也不想费心思读大学，因为"我已准备好投身于艺术家的生活。"
8. But since the porter agreed with him, she rang up her daughter and asked for her help in what she described as a little spot of bother. 但既然看门人也同意他的意见，她只得打电话向女儿求援，说她碰到了一点儿小麻烦。
9. "When people are in trouble we must leave them alone and not bother them. “当人们处于困境时，别管他们，也不要打扰他们。