3 well connected
to be joined to something else or joined to a large system or network
The light is connected to a timer.
a computer connected to the Internet
a series of artificial lakes connected by waterfalls
if two facts, events, people etc are connected, there is some kind of relationship between them
problems connected with drug abuse
everyone connected with the film industry
Mr Edelson was closely connected with Trinity College.
having important or powerful friends or relatives
1. But the Buffalo nickel, produced from 1913 to 1938, honored a pair of connected tragedies from the settlement of the American frontier — the destruction of the buffalo herds and the American Indians. 但1913至1938年间发行的野牛硬币，却是为了纪念由美国拓居引起的两起相互关联的悲剧--野牛群的灭绝和美洲印第安人的毁灭。
2. But cameras connected to video recorders had captured the action on tape. 但是和录像机相连的摄像机已经将行动记录到了录像带上。
3. Broadly speaking, however, the superhighway refers to the union of today's broadcasting, cable, video, telephone, and computer and semiconductor industries into one large all-connected industry. 但广义地说，信息高速公路是指由今天的广播、电视、录像、电话、电脑、半导体等产业组合而成的一个互相关联的大产业。
4. With scarcely a glance at the items, the clerk sweeps them across an aperture, where a special marking on each item is scanned by a low-powered laser beam inside the machine, connected to a remote computer. 收款员几乎不看商品，只是把商品从机器上的孔眼处一扫而过，机器里的低能量激光对商品上的一个特殊标志进行扫描，这台扫描机与另一台电脑相联。
5. We came from two entirely different cultures; yet we were connected by a common heritage. 我们来自两个完全不同的文化，但是共同的血脉把我们连结了起来。
6. They have found that it is connected with the passage of days and the phases of the moon. 他们发现代码与昼夜更迭和月亮圆缺有关，
7. How come the two images were not connected? 内外两个形象怎么就联系不起来？
8. As you study a globe, you may notice that most of the large land areas are connected, or almost so. 你仔细看地球仪时, 会注意到多数大块陆地是相连的, 或基本上相连的.
9. She is well connected. 她有优越的社会关系。
10. Geoff connected the caravan to the car. 杰弗把旅行用的住屋拖车挂在汽车上。