n.爱好,同样的人(或物) adj.相似的,同样的 vt.喜欢,希望,愿意 vi.喜欢,希望 prep.象,如同 adv.可能
动词过去式:liked 过去分词:liked 现在分词:liking 第三人称单数:likes
Tom likes fish very much.汤姆非常喜欢鱼。
Mr Wang is a good teacher.We all like him. 王老师是个好老师，我们都喜欢他。
2.like to do sth. 意为"(偶尔或具体地)喜欢做某事"。例如：
I like to swim with you today.今天我喜欢和你一起去游泳。
3.like doing sth. 意为"(经常或习惯地)喜欢做某事"。例如：
He likes singing.他喜欢唱歌。
4.like sb. to do sth.意为"喜欢某人做某事"。例如：
She likes them to ask questions like this. 她喜欢他们像这样问问题。
5.would like to do sth. (=want to do sth.)意为" 想要做某事"。例如：
I'd like to go shopping with you.我想要和你一起去买东西。
6.would like sb. to do sth.意为"想要某人做某事"。
I'd like you to meet my parents.我想要你见见我的父母亲。
1. be like, look like后接名词或代词作宾语，意为"像……；跟……一样"。例如：
What is he like?他是怎么样的一个人？
The little girl looks like her father.那个小姑娘看起来像她的父亲。
2. feel like后接V?鄄ing形式、代词或名词，意为"想要做某事"。例如：
Do you feel like having a rest?你想休息吗？
We'll go for a walk if you feel like it.如果你想散步，我们就去吧。
1. What do you like about...？意为"关于……你喜欢什么？"，用来询问对方所喜欢的内容。例如：
-What do you like about China?你喜欢中国的什么？
-The food and the people.食物和人民。
2. How do you like...？意为"你认为……怎么样？"(＝What do you think of...？)例如：
-How do you like the film?你认为这部电影怎么样？
-It's very interesting.很有趣。
3. Would you like +名词 ／ to do sth.?意为"你想要……吗？"，用来询问对方是否需要什么或征求意见与看法。例如：
Would you like some water?你想要一些水吗？
Would you like to play football with us?你愿意和我们一起去踢足球吗？
1 (a) [Tn, Tg, Tsg] find (sb/sth) pleasant or satisfactory; enjoy 喜欢, 喜爱（某人[某事物]）
*Do you like fish? 你喜欢鱼吗?
* She likes him (ie is fond of him) but doesn't love him. 她喜欢他, 但并非爱他.
* She's never liked swimming. 她从不爱游泳.
* I didn't like him/his taking all the credit. 我讨厌他把全部功劳归于自己.
(b) [Tt, Tnt, Cn.a] regularly choose (to do sth); prefer (to do sth) 喜好（做某事）
*On Sundays I like to sleep late. 星期天我爱睡懒觉.
* He likes his guests to be punctual. 他喜欢客人守时.
* `How do you like your tea?' `I like it rather weak.' ｀你喝茶有什么喜好?＇｀我喜欢淡一些的.＇
2 [Tt, Tg] (in negative sentences 用于否定句) be unwilling or reluctant to do sth 不愿做某事
*I didn't like (ie felt reluctant) to disturb you. 我本不想打搅你.
* He doesn't like asking for help. 他不愿意求助.
3 [Tn, Tt, Tnt] (used with should/would/'d to express a wish or preference at a particular time 与should/would/'d连用表示愿望或喜爱)
*Would you like something to eat? 想吃点东西吗?
* I'd like to think it over before deciding. 我还是想想再决定吧.
* We would like you to come and visit us. 我们希望你到我们这里来作客.
* (ironic 反语) So he thinks it's easy, does he? I'd like to see him try! ie He would find it difficult. 那么说他认为很容易, 是吗? 我倒想让他试一试! （他就知道难了.） =>Usage at want1 用法见want1.
4 [Tn] (infml 口) (of food) not suit sb's health （指食物）对某人的健康不宜
*I like lobster but it doesn't like me. 我喜欢吃龙虾, 但吃了身体不适.
5 (idm 习语) if you `like (used as a polite form of agreement or suggestion 作表示同意或建议的礼貌用语）
*`Shall we stop now?' `If you like.' ｀我们现在停下来吧?＇｀听你的.＇
* If you like, we could go out this evening. 你要是愿意的话, 咱们今天晚上出去. I like his `nerve, `cheek, etc (ironic 反语) (used as an exclamation to complain that sb's behaviour is too impudent 作对某人行为卤莽无礼的感叹语)
*`She has written to demand an apology.' `I like her nerve!' ｀她已写信要求给她道歉.＇｀她还真做得出来!＇ I like `that! (ironic 反语) (used to protest that sth that has been said is untrue or unfair 用以表示对言语不实或不当的反感)
*`She called you a cheat.' `Well, I like that!' ｀她说你是骗子.＇｀ , 亏她说得出口!＇ like the look/sound of sb/sth be favourably impressed by what one has seen of/heard about sb/sth 对有关某人[某事物]的所见所闻有好印象
*I like the look of your new assistant she should do very well. 我看你的新助手不错--她看样子很能干.
* I don't like the sound of that cough oughtn't you to see a doctor? 我觉得你的咳嗽声有问题--是不是该找医生看看? that's what `I'd like to know (infml 口) (used to express disbelief, suspicion, etc 用以表示不相信、怀疑等)
*Where's all the money coming from? That's what I'd like to know. 这些钱都是从哪儿来的? 真叫人纳闷儿.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*Note these ways of using Would you like? 注意Would you like?的下列用法
1 `Would you like to come to dinner tomorrow?' `Yes, thank you.' (invitation) ｀您明天来吃饭好吗?＇｀好哇, 谢谢您.＇（表示邀请）.
2 `Would you like to clear the table?' `Okay.' (request) ｀请你收拾桌子行吗?＇｀行.＇（表示请求）. Sometimes the speaker uses pattern
2 in order to make a complaint 有时用上述第2种方式表示不满
*`Would you like to turn that music down?' `Yes, sorry.' ｀请把音乐声放小些行吗?＇｀可以, 对不起.＇
1 similar to (sb/sth); resembling 像（某人[某事物]）; 类似; 相似
*wearing a hat like mine 戴着与我那顶一样的帽子
* a house built like an Indian palace 建造得像印度宫殿一样的宅邸
* I've always wanted a garden like theirs. 我总想有一座像他们那样的花园.
* I'm going to be a pop star like Michael Jackson. 我要当像迈克尔·杰克逊那样的流行歌星.
* He's like his father, ie in character or looks. 他像他的父亲.
* She looks a bit like the Queen. 她长得有点像女王.
* That sounds like (ie I think I can hear) the postman. 听声音像是邮递员.
2 characteristic of (sb/sth) 有（某人[某事物]）的特点
*It's just like her to tell everyone about it. 只有她才会把那件事见谁就告诉谁.
3 in the manner of (sb/sth); to the same degree as 像（某人[某事物]）一样
*chatter like monkeys 像猴子那样吵叫
* behave like children 表现像孩子
* run like the wind, ie very fast 跑得快如风. =>Usage at as 用法见as.
4 for example 例如; 比方
*We could look at some modern poets, like Eliot and Hughes. 我们可以考虑一下现代诗人, 例如艾略特和休斯.
* Practical lessons, like woodwork and cookery, are not considered as important as maths. 一般认为像木工和烹饪之类的实用课程不如数学重要.
5 (idm 习语) like `anything (infml 口) very fast, hard, much, etc 很快; 很努力; 很; 非常
*I had to run like anything to catch the bus. 我只好拚命跑去赶公共汽车.
* We must work like anything to finish on time. 我们必须全力以赴按时完成.
conj (infml 口)
1 in the same manner as 像...那样
*No one sings the blues like she did. 唱布鲁斯歌谁也比不上她.
* Don't think you can learn grammatical rules like you learn multiplication tables. 不能像记乘法表那样记语法规则.
2 (esp US) as if 彷佛; 好像
*She acts like she owns the place, ie is very bossy. 她很霸道, 就好像那地方都是她的.
1 having some or all of the qualities or features of; similar 相似的; 相同的
*They're not twins, but they're very like. 他们俩虽非双胞胎, 却十分相像.
* Like causes tend to produce like results. 类似的原因往往产生类似的结果.
* mice, rats and like creatures 小家鼠、大老鼠之类的动物.
2 (idm 习语) (as) ,like as two `peas/as ,peas in a `pod virtually identical 一模一样; 酷似.
adv (idm 习语) (as) ,like as `not; ,like enough; most/very `like (dated 旧) (quite/very) probably 大概; 很可能
*It'll rain this afternoon, as like as not. 今天下午很可能要下雨.
1 [sing] person or thing that is like another 相似的人或事物
*You should only compare like with like. 只应在同类事物中作比较.
* jazz, rock and the like, ie similar kinds of music 爵士乐、摇滚乐之类的乐曲
* a man whose like we shall not see again 我们再也不想看到的那种男人
* I've never seen the like of it! ie anything so strange, etc. 我从未见过这种事!
2 (idm 习语) the likes of sb/sth (infml 口) a similar person or thing 类似的人或物
*He's a bit of a snob won't speak to the likes of me. 他这个人有点势利--不会和我这样的人说话.