adj ~ (to sb/sth)
1 connected or associated with sb/sth （与某人[某事物]）有关的, 相联系的
*crime related to drug abuse 与滥用麻醉药品有关的罪案
* chemistry, biology and other related sciences 化学、生物学及其他相关的科学.
2 [esp pred 尤作表语] in the same family or class, etc 属于同一家族或种类等
*be closely/distantly related (to sb) （与某人）是近[远]亲
* two related species of ape 有亲缘关系的两种猿
* He is related to her by marriage. 他与她是姻亲.
things that are related are connected in some way
Police now believe that the three crimes could be related.
the problem of drug abuse and other related issues
He suffers with memory loss related to his disease.
closely/directly/strongly etc related
Education levels are strongly related to income.
people suffering from tobacco-related illnesses
[not before noun]
connected by a family relationship
Are you two related?
I might be related to him.
animals, plants, languages etc that are related belong to the same group
Dolphins and porpoises are closely related.
1. Education concerning how to survive an earthquake should be a major emphasis for all government programs and earthquake-related research projects. 教育人们如何在地震中幸存下来，应该是所有政府规划和地震研究项目的重点所在。
2. By measuring how closely current populations are related, the authors trace the routes by which early humans migrated around the earth. 通过测定当前人类种群间的亲缘关系，作者们弄清了地球上早期人类迁移的路线。
3. Because Australia's native people and black Africans share such superficial characteristics as skin color and body shape, they were widely assumed to be closely related. 因为澳洲土著和非洲黑人之间有一些共同的外表特征，如肤色、体型等，所以普遍认为他们有较近的亲缘关系。
4. We know instinctively,that misfortune might overtake us if the important events of our lives were not related to it. 我们本能地懂得，如果我们不把生活中的重大事情讲给它听，不幸将会突然袭击我们。
5. We know instinctively, just as beekeepers with their bees, that misfortune might overtake us if the important events of our lives were not related to it. 我们本能地懂得，就像养蜂人和他的蜜蜂那样，如果不把生活中的重大事件告诉那条河，就可能大祸临头。
6. It still seemed no more related to my daily life than a "60 Minutes" program. 这件事还好像是一档"60分钟"的节目一样与我的日常生活没有任何关系。
7. We can even, if we want, interpret the term "family" to include people who are not related to us either by blood or marriage — a set of close friends who support one another, like the women I mentioned above. 愿意的话我们甚至可以把 "家庭"看作包括一些与我们既无血缘关系、又无婚姻关系的人 --一些互相扶持的亲密朋友，就像前面所提到的那些女士。
8. These characteristics are related to each other. 这些特征是相互联系的。
9. The report was released Tuesday by the Population Council, an international organization based in New York that studies issues related to child bearing. 这份报告是本星期二由人口委员会公布的。人口委员会是一家研究儿童养育问题的国际组织，总部设在纽约。
10. Nor is DMV data used solely for matters related to driving. DMV的数据也并非仅用于与开车有关的事情。