adj ~ (to sth/sb)connected with what is being discussed, what is happening,what is being done, etc 有关的; 切题的
*a highly relevant argument, point, suggestion, etc 密切相关的论据、论点、建议等
* have all the relevant documents ready 已把一切有关文件准备妥当
* supply the facts (directly) relevant to the case 提供与该案（直接）有关的事实
* Colour and sex are hardly relevant when appointing somebody to a job. 肤色和性别对于任命某人担任某职来说是没有什么关系的.
1500-1600; Language: Latin;Origin:
, present participle of relevare 'to raise up'
directly relating to the subject or problem being discussed or considered
≠ irrelevant Relevant documents were presented in court. We received all the relevant information.relevant to What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?>relevancealsorelevancyn[U]>relevantlyadv
1. These matters are not relevant to the subject. 这些事与主题无关。
2. ----even if you give all the relevant information about your age, family, finances and what you want from your investments. 即便你提供了有关于你的年龄、家庭、财源和你想从投资中获得好处的信息。
3. The necessary method of study is to group the relevant material and to take note of all possible variant forms and conditions. 应采取的研究方法是把有关各方面的材料汇集起来，同时注意任何可能出现的异常情况和条件。