n.物体,目标,宾语,对象 vi.反对,拒绝,抗议 vt.提出...来反对
名词:objector 动词过去式:objected 过去分词:objected 现在分词:objecting 第三人称单数:objects
1 solid thing that can be seen and touched 可见到及可触摸的实物; 物体
*glass, wooden and plastic objects 玻璃、木质和塑料的物体
* There were several objects on the floor of the room. 房间的地板上有几样东西.
2 ~ of sth person or thing to which sth is done or some feeling or thought is directed 对象, 客体（行为、感觉或思想所及的人或物）
*an object of attention, pity, admiration, etc 注意、怜悯、欣赏等的对象
* This church is the main object of his interest. 他最感兴趣的是这座教堂.
* The sole object of all the child's affection was a soft toy. 那孩子最心爱的东西是个柔软的玩具.
3 thing aimed at; intention; purpose 目标; 意向; 目的
*with the object of going into business 有打入工商业的意向
* with no object in life 无生活目标
* fail/succeed in one's object 在追求个人目的方面失败[成功]
* His one object in life is to earn as much money as possible. 他生活的目标就是尽可能多挣钱.
4 (infml 口 esp Brit) person or thing of strange appearance, esp if ridiculous 怪模怪样的人或物（尤指可笑者）
*What an object you look in that old hat! 你戴着那顶帽子, 样子可真怪!
5 (grammar) noun, noun phrase or noun clause which refers to a person, thing, etc affected by the action of a verb, or which depends on a preposition, eg in He took the money and He took what he wanted, `the money' and `what he wanted' are direct objects; in I gave him the money, `him' is an indirect object; and in I received the money from her, `her' is a prepositional object 宾语（受动词影响的或受介词限制的人或事物, 由名词、名词词组或名词从句充任, 如在He took the money和He took what he wanted两句中, the money和what he wanted是直接宾语; 在I gave him the money句中, him是间接宾语; 在I received the money from her句中, her是介词宾语）. Cf 参看 subject1 4.
6 (idm 习语) expense, money, etc no `object expense, etc is not important, not a limiting factor, etc 费用、钱等并不重要、不是限制因素等
*He always travels first class expense is no object. 他出门总是用头等票--费用不成问题.
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (to sb/sth) say that one is not in favour (of sb/sth); protest 不赞成（某人[某事]）; 反对; 抗议
*She wanted to cut down the hedge, but her neighbour objected. 她想把树篱剪低些, 可是邻居不同意.
* I object to such treatment /to being treated like this. 对这种待遇[受到这样的待遇]我表示抗议.
* I object to the plan on the grounds that it is too expensive. 我反对该项计画, 理由是花费太大.
2 [Tn, Tf] give (sth) as a reason for opposing sb/sth 以（某事物）为理由反对某人[某事物]
*I objected that he was too young for the job. 我反对的理由是因为他太年轻, 不适合做那件工作.
* `But he's too young,' I objected. ｀但是他太年轻了, ＇我表示了反对意见.
1. Every solid object will reflect a sound, varying according to the size and nature of the object. 任何固体者反射声音，反射的声音因物体的大小和性质的不同而不同。
2. Fulfilling its designer´s dream to create ´an enormous object drawn as faintly as possible´. 实现了设计者企图创造一个"尽量用细线条勾画出一个庞然大物"的梦想。
3. They have fewer opportunities to learn the value of money, and have less experience in learning to deal with delay in satisfaction, when every requested object is given on demand. 由于他们一提出要求时，每一样东西都马上就能得到满足，他们了解金钱价值的机会就比别人少，而且他们处理一时得不到满足的情况的经验也少。
4. The men on the ship saw a strange object lying on the beach. It was moving toward them — perhaps twenty feet an hour. 船上的人看见海滩上躺着一个奇怪的东西。这个东西正向他们爬过来--速度大概是每小时20英尺。
5. His object of studying English is to know more about England and the English people. 他学习英语的目的是更多地了解英国和英国人民。
6. He said that someone might be spying on the station and the pilot was ordered to keep track of the strange object. 他说可能有人正对基地进行侦察，因此命令那个飞行员跟踪那个奇怪的飞行物。
7. He never talked about himself as an object of pity, nor did he show any envy of the more fortunate or able. 他从不说自己可怜，也从不表现出对那些比他幸运或健康的人的羡慕。
8. He seated himself upon the bench beside her, without a suspicion that she might object to his presence. 他在她身旁的长凳上坐下，丝毫不曾想到她可能会反对他坐在那儿。
9. And I avoid treating you as an object or using you primarily to satisfy my own needs. 我不会视他为物，或利用他来满足自己的需要。
10. A lot of people object to mobile phones, especially when they are used in public places like restaurants or on public transport. 许多人都反对移动式电话，特别是在如饭店，公共交通车等公共场所使用移动电话。