n.题目,主题,科目,学科,国民,[语法]主语 adj.受他国统治的,未独立的,受制于...的,受...影响的,以...为条件的 vt.使屈从于...,使隶属
名词:subjection 动词过去式:subjected 过去分词:subjected 现在分词:subjecting 第三人称单数:subjects
1 (a) person or thingthat is being discussed or described (in speech or writing),or represented, eg in a painting; topic; theme 主题; 对象
*an interesting subject of conversation 有趣的话题
* choose a subject for a poem, a picture, an essay, etc 确定诗、画、文章等的主题
* (fml 文) What did she say on the subject of (ie about) money? 在钱的问题上她是怎么说的?
(b) branch of knowledge studied in a school, etc 学科; 科目
*Physics and maths are my favourite subjects. 物理和数学都是我喜欢的科目.
2 person or thing being treated in a certain way or being experimented on 以某种方式处理或实验的人或事物
*We need some male subjects for a psychology experiment. 我们需要几个男子作心理学实验对象.
3 ~ for sth person or thing that causes a specified feeling or action 引起某种情感或行为的人或事物
*a subject for pity, ridicule, congratulation 怜悯、取笑、祝贺的对象
* His appearance was the subject for some critical comment. 他的外表受到一些人的议论.
(a) word(s) in a sentence naming who or what does or undergoes the action stated by the verb, eg the book in The book fell off the table 主语（动作的主体, 如在The book fell off the table一句中, the book是主语）. Cf 参看 object1 5.
(b) word(s) in a sentence about which sth is stated, eg the house in The house is old 主语（句子中陈述的对象, 如在The house is old一句中, the house是主语）. Cf 参看 predicate1.
5 any member of a State apart from the supreme ruler 臣民; 国民
*I am French by birth and a British subject by marriage. 我按出生是法国人, 因结婚而成为英国公民. =>Usage at citizen 用法见citizen.
6 (music 音) theme on which a piece of music is based 主题; 主旋律.
7 (idm 习语) change the subject => change1.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (to sth) bring (a country, etc or a person) under one's control 使（国家等或人）臣服或顺从; 征服; 制伏
*Ancient Rome subjected most of Europe (to its rule). 古罗马帝国征服了欧洲大部分.
2 [Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth to sth cause sb/sth to experience or undergo sth 使某人[某物]经历或遭受某事物
*subject sb to criticism, ridicule, abuse, etc 使某人遭批评、取笑、辱骂等
* She was repeatedly subjected to torture. 她不断地受到折磨.
* As a test the metal was subjected to great heat. 这种金属经过了高温试验.
1 [attrib 作定语] under the control of sb else; not politically independent 受人支配的; 政治上不独立的
*a subject province 属地
* subject peoples 被统治的民族.
2 [pred 作表语] ~ to sth/sb obliged to obey sth/sb; under the authority of sth/sb 须服从某事物[某人]; 受某事物[某人]支配
*We are subject to the law of the land. 我们须遵守当地的法律.
* Peasants used to be subject to the local landowner.农民过去受地主的压迫.
3 [pred 作表语] ~ to sth often having, suffering or undergoing sth; liable to sth 常有、常患或常遭某事物; 倾向某事物
*Are you subject to colds? 你常患感冒吗?
* Trains are subject to delay(s) after the heavy snowfalls. 一下大雪火车就往往误点.
* The timetable is subject to alteration. 时刻表有可能更改.
4 [pred 作表语] ~ to sth depending on sth as a condition 以某事物为条件; 取决于某事物
*sold subject to contract, ie provided that a contract is signed 依照合同出售
* The plan is subject to the director's approval. 该计画须经主管批准.
1. By keeping their pupils working unnecessarily long at some little part of the subject, they often weaken their interest in learning the language. 让学生们在一些细小的方面花去过多的时间反复练习，这往往会减弱他们学习语言的兴趣。
2. Zoology is also a very important subject to the students. 对学生来说，动物学也是很重要的。
3. Whether working alone or in a group, students share ideas, perspectives and discussions on the subject being studied, and read about those of their classmates. 不管是单独学习还是小组学习，学生们就学习内容交流观点、见解，并展开讨论，同时了解其他同学的意见。
4. While explaining something to others, students reinforce their own knowledge about the subject. 学生在给其他人解释问题时，自己对该问题的认识也加深了。
5. When I think of it now, I am amazed at how much courage it must have taken for a grown man to subject himself to such shame and stress. 现在回想起来，我感到十分惊叹。像他那么一个成年人，得有多大的勇气才能经受这样的屈辱和压力，
6. We can now not only choose our marriage partner, we also can divorce that partner at will, subject children to our own adult worship of happiness, and deny the other parent any regular contact with their children. 现在我们不仅可以选择配偶，也可以任意与其离婚，将我们成人对幸福的崇拜置于孩子的利益之上，也可以阻止另一方与孩子有任何经常性的来往。
7. These matters are not relevant to the subject. 这些事与主题无关。
8. The subject has already been fully researched. 这个课题已进行过充分的研究.
9. The terms of the contract are subject to review. 合同的条款有待复查决定 .
10. This is only a subsidiary subject in the course of our study. 这只是我们学习课程里的一个辅助科目。