/'su:təbl; also, in ɑritish use, 英式英语读作'sju:t-; `sutəbl/
adj ~ (for/to sth/sb) right or appropriatefor a purpose or an occasion 适合的; 适宜的; 恰当的
*a suitable room, book, proposal, date 合适的房间、书、建议、日期
* clothes suitable for cold weather 适于冷天穿的衣服
* a place suitable for a picnic 适合野餐的地方
* a suitable case for (eg surgical, psychiatric, etc) treatment 适于（如外科、精神病等）治疗的病人
* Would now be a suitable moment to show the slides? 现在放幻灯片合适吗?
having the right qualities for a particular person, purpose, or situation
≠ unsuitable We are hoping to find a suitable school.suitable for The house is not really suitable for a large family.suitable place/time etc to do sth a suitable place to rear young childrensuitable to use/be shown etc These crayons are not suitable to use in very hot weather.
1. Even a telescope in orbit round the earth, like the very successful Hubble telescope, would not be suitable because of the dust particles in our solar system. 即使是一台放置在围绕地球的轨道上的望远镜--如非常成功的哈勃望远镜--也因为太阳系中的尘埃微粒而无法胜任。
2. This book is suitable for beginners. 这本书对初学者很合适。
3. The lukewarm water is suitable for the baby. 温水适合于婴儿。
4. Thick clothes are not suitable for hot weather. 厚衣服不适于热天穿。
5. There would be windows, of course, but they might be fairly expensive; besides, most people wouldn´t feel the need for them provided there were suitable interior decorations. 当然窗子还是有的，但可能相当贵。何况，假如有合适的内部装饰，大部分人就会觉得不需要窗子。
6. How much would a suitable dress cost, something simple?" 一件合适的礼服要多少钱，简单一点的？”
7. Unless suitable grounds have you. 除非你理由合适.