1. Eleven cold, rainy days passed. Once he found some animal bones with no meat on them. 冰冷的雨已经下了整整11天。有一次他发现了一些动物骨头，上面一点肉也没有。
2. Bleached bones lay on the hot sands of the desert . 白骨躺在炎热的沙漠中。
3. The function of bones is largely to give rigidity. 骨的功能主要在于使身体坚固。
4. The river swarmed with piranha, the flesh-eating fish that hunted in packs and could easily strip a cow to its bare bones within a minute. 河里到处都是食肉鱼，这种食肉鱼成群结队觅食，不到一分钟就能把一头牛吃得只剩下一副骨架。
5. The man stopped suddenly and turned away. How could he laugh about Bill's bones and take his gold? 这个人蓦地停住了脚步，转过身去。他怎么能对着比尔的尸骨大笑，并带走他的金子？
6. The same map, in combination with ancient human bones, confirms that Africa was the birthplace of humanity and thus the starting point of the original human movements. 结合对远古人骨的研究，这一图谱证实了非洲是人类的诞生地，因而也是人类迁移的始发地。
7. He went towards the fire, which was still smoking. Among the ashes he found bones. 他走向还在冒烟的火堆. 在灰堆里他发现了骨头.
8. He went towards the fire, which was still smoking. Among the ashes he found bones. 他走向还在冒烟的火堆. 在灰堆里他发现了骨头.
9. Historians have long been puzzled by dots, lines and symbols which have been engraved on walls, bones, and the ivory tusks of mammoths. 长期以来，历史学家一直对雕刻在墙壁上、骨头上、古代长毛象的象牙上的点、线和形形色色的符号感到困惑不解。
10. He broke them and ate them like an animal. Would he, too, be bones tomorrow? Why not? This was life. Only life hurt. There was no hurt in death. 他折断骨头，像个野兽一样将它们吃下去。明天，他会不会也成为一堆白骨呢？凭什么不呢？这就是生活。人只有活着才会有痛苦，死了就不会感觉到痛苦了。