cre＝to make（制造），to grow（生长） 变化型 cresc
1 (a) [U] action of creating 创造; 产生
*the creation of the world in seven days 七天的创世过程
* the creation of a good impression 良好印象的产生
* Economic conditions may be responsible for the creation of social unrest. 经济状况不佳可能是造成社会动乱的根源.
(b) (usu 通常作 the Creation) [sing] making of the world, esp by God as told in the Bible 创造世界（尤指《圣经》中所说的上帝创造世界）.
2 (often 常作 Creation) [U] all created things 所有的创造物; 天地万物
*all of God's creation 神所创造的一切
* the biggest liar in Creation, ie a very great liar 瞎话大王.
(a) thing made, esp by means of skill or intelligence 创造物; （尤指凭藉技艺和才智的）作品
*the creations of poets and artists 诗人和艺术家的作品
* The chef had produced one of his most spectacular creations, a whole roasted swan. 这位厨师做出了他最拿手的好菜--一整只烤天鹅.
(b) new type of garment or hat （服装或帽子的）新式样
*the latest creations from London's fashion houses 伦敦时装商店的最新款式服装.
the act of creating something
The plan should result in the creation of 2000 new jobs.
the creation of a single European currency
a job creation scheme
something that has been created
The dress is a stunning creation in green, gold, and white.
Most countries have systems of government that are relatively modern creations.
the act by God, according to the Bible, of making the universe, including the world and everything in it
the whole universe and all living things
1. But a series of new environmental laws, together with the creation of parks and nature preserves that cover one quarter of the country, are aimed at protecting Costa Rica’s remaining forests. 但是人们制订了一系列新的环境保护法，还新建了占四分之一国土面积的公园和自然保护区，目的是要保护哥斯达黎加现存的森林。
2. While white people had previously been used as models for most American coins, famed artist James Earle Fraser went against tradition by using three actual American Indians as models for his creation. 此前一直是白人被用作美国硬币上的模特，而著名的艺术家詹姆斯·厄尔·弗雷泽却反传统而行之，起用了三名真正的美洲印第安人作为自己创作的原型。
3. The creation of new playground will benefit the local children. 新游乐场的建立将给当地的孩子带来益处。
4. They burst into the mind, glowing with the heat of creation. How they do it is a mystery but they must come from somewhere. 它们猛然间迸入人的脑海，闪烁着创造的光芒。它们是如何出现在人的脑海中的呢？这还是个谜。但这些思想一定来自某个地方。
5. The myth has it that Americans consume too much, since the creation of solid waste per person continues to climb. 有种说法是，美国人消耗太多，因为他们的人均固体垃圾制造量在持续上升。
6. Specifically, some experts are concerned about the creation of a new (and disrespected) social class: "the clones". 具体说来，有些专家担心会出现一个新的（和不被尊重的）社会阶层，即"克隆阶层"。
7. India had gone from an agricultural society to the cyber-revolution, without passing through intermediate stages such as the welfare state and the creation of social services. 印度已从一个农业社会走向了网络革命，没有经历过诸如福利国家和创立服务体系之类的中间阶段。
8. In this example, the conscious mind at the moment of creation knew nothing of the actual processes by which the solution was found. 在这个事例中，意识在创造的时候对发现答案的实际过程一无所知。
9. In his recent book Earth Politics, Ernst Ulrich von Weizsacker wrote that "perhaps 90 percent of the destruction of animal and plant species, soil erosion, forest destruction and creation of deserts is taking place in developing countries." 在其新作《地球政治学》一书中，厄恩斯特·乌尔里克·冯·魏茨泽克写道："动植物物种灭绝，土壤受侵蚀，森林被毁，沙漠产生，在这些破坏中，也许有90%正发生在发展中国家。"