n.安逸,安心,不费力,悠闲 vt.使悠闲,使安心,减轻,放松 vi.减弱,减轻,放松,灵活地移动
动词过去式:eased 过去分词:eased 现在分词:easing 第三人称单数:eases
1 freedom from work, discomfort, pain or anxiety 安逸; 舒适; 无痛苦; 无忧虑
*a life of ease 安逸舒适的生活
* ease of mind 心情舒畅
* The injection brought him immediate ease. 他经注射後疼痛顿消. Cf 参看 easy1 2.
2 (idm 习语) (stand) at `ease (as a military command 用作军事口令) (stand) with feet apart and hands behind the back 稍息. Cf 参看 attention 4. (be/feel) at (one's) `ease (be/feel) comfortable and unworried; (be/feel) completely relaxed （感到）舒适而无忧虑; （感到）完全松弛
*I never feel at ease in his company. 我跟他在一起总是感到很不自在.
* Finish the work at your ease, ie in your own time. 你可以从容地把这项工作做完（在你方便时）. ill at ease => ill1. put/set sb at (his, her, etc) `ease make sb feel comfortable, free from embarrassment, etc 使某人感到舒适、不拘束等
*He had been dreading their meeting but her warm welcome soon put him at his ease. 他对彼此相见一直忐忑不安, 可是她热情相迎使他很快就无拘无束了. put/set sb's mind at ease/rest => mind1. ,take one's `ease stop working or worrying; relax 不再工作或忧虑; 休息; 轻松; 放心
*She sat down and took her ease by the fire. 她坐在火旁休息一下. with `ease without difficulty 容易地; 无困难地
*He passed the test with ease. 他轻而易举地考及格了.
1 (a) [Tn] relieve (the body or mind) from pain, anxiety, discomfort, etc 减轻或消除（身体或精神上的）痛苦、忧虑、不适等
*The aspirins eased my headache. 阿司匹林使我头疼减轻.
* Talking eased his anxiety. 那一番谈话打消了他的顾虑.
(b) [Tn.pr] ~ sb of sth free sb from suffering, etc 消除某人的痛苦等
*Walking helped to ease him of his pain. 他散了散步减轻了一些痛苦.
2 [I, Ip]
(a) become less painful, severe, etc 减轻痛苦、严重程度等
*The pain eased. 疼痛减轻了.
(b) become less unpleasant or difficult 减轻不愉快的或困难的程度
*The situation has eased (off). 情况已经缓和了.
3 [Tn] make (sth) looser or less tight; slacken 使（某物）放松; 松开
*The coat needs to be eased under the armpits. 这件上衣的 肯需放一放.
4 (idm 习语) ease sb's `conscience/`mind free sb from guilt, worry, etc 消除某人的内疚、忧虑等
*It would ease my mind to know where he was. 要知道他在哪儿我就放心了.
5 (phr v) ease (sb/sth) across, along, away, etc (cause sb/sth to) move across, etc slowly and carefully （使）缓慢而小心地移动过去等
*He eased himself along the ledge to reach the terrified boy. 他小心翼翼地沿着突出的檐向那惊惶失措的男孩靠近.
* She eased her injured foot into her shoe. 她小心翼翼地把受伤的脚伸进鞋里. ,ease `down reduce speed 减低速度
*there's a sharp bend ahead. 慢一点儿, 前面有个急转弯. ,ease `off/`up become less severe, oppressive or urgent 减轻; 减缓; 缓和
*The tension between us has eased off a little. 我们之间的紧张状况已经缓和一些.
* The flow of traffic eased off. 交通已经通畅.
* I'm very busy just now; wait until things have eased up a little. 我现在非常忙, 等事情缓一缓再说. ease up on sb/sth be more moderate with sb/sth 对某人[某事物]更适度、更有节制
*I should ease up on the cigarettes if I were you. 我要是你, 我就再少抽些烟了.
Akureyri disease (also called Iceland disease) is used for an outbreak of fatigue symptoms in Iceland. The outbreak of a disease simulating poliomyelitis took place in the town Akureyri in Northern Iceland in the winter of 1948-1949.
1. The retired couple lived a life of ease. 这对退休的夫妻过着安逸的生活。
2. There they collected women as well as food and drink, and a life of ease had made them soft. 他们不仅搜刮吃的喝的，而且抢掠妇女，安逸的生活已使丹麦军队变得软弱无力。
3. Taking a glass of water from the table, I put my finger over the end of the straw and allow a few drops of the cool moisture to slide into her mouth and ease her thirst. 我从桌上拿起一杯水，用手指封着吸管的一端，滴了几滴凉凉的水到她的嘴里，以缓解她的干渴。
4. That would ease the pain and help the hospital transfer patients from the intensive (精细的) care area — an area that charges patients or their insurance company $1,600 a day — sooner. 这将减少病人的痛苦，帮助医院尽早将病人从重病特别护理区转出去——该区向病人或其保险公司每日收取1,600美元。
5. That may still seem like something from a spy movie; more troubling is the growing ease with which everyday information can be accessed. 这仍感觉像是间谍片中的场景；更使人不安的是日常信息可以越来越容易地被获取。
6. He spoke confidently and with ease. 他很有把握、毫不拘束地进行演讲。
7. His few material possessions make it possible for him to move from place to place with ease. 他几乎没有什么财产，这使他能够轻松自如地在各地奔波。
8. "Oh," I said. "You mean Harry." She was ill at ease. "哦"，我说"你指的是哈里呀。"她听了后感到很尴尬。
9. Automobile production is down; bicycle production is up. Crowded highways, high gasoline costs, and ease of bicycling are three reasons for this change. 汽车产量在下降，自行车产量在上升。导致这一变化的三个原因是：拥挤不堪的高速公路、价格昂贵的汽油以及方便自如的自行车出行。
10. Sotto, trying to ease his way past Humboldt to adjust the sail, knocked a book into the water. 索托努力想减轻晃动，他绕过洪堡去调整船帆，把一本书碰到了水中。