n.注意,照料,烦恼,忧虑,由...转交 vi.关心,顾虑,照顾,喜爱 vt.在意
动词过去式:cared 过去分词:cared 现在分词:caring 第三人称单数:cares
1 [U] ~ (over sth/in doing sth)
(a) serious attention or thought 密切的注意; 审慎的思索
*She arranged the flowers with great care. 她仔细地插花.
* You should take more care over your work. 你对工作应该更认真些.
(b) caution to avoid damage or loss 小心; 谨慎
*Care is needed when crossing the road. 过马路时要小心.
* Fragile handle with care, eg as a warning on a container holding glass. 易碎--小心轻放（如容器内有玻璃的警告语）.
2 [U] ~ (for sb) sympathetic concern 关怀; 关心
*a mother's care for her children 母亲对孩子的关怀
* Old people need loving care and attention. 老人需要爱护和照顾.
3 (a) [U] worry; anxiety; troubled state of mind 忧虑; 担心; 操心; 烦恼
*free from care 无忧无虑.
(b) [C esp pl 尤作复数] cause of or reason for worry 忧虑的起因或缘故
*weighed down by the cares of a demanding job 被费力的工作压垮
* not have a care in the world, ie have no worries or responsibilities 无尘世之忧（无牵无挂）.
4 (idm 习语) care of sb (abbr 缩写 c/o) (esp written on envelopes) at the address of sb （尤指书写于信封上的字样）由某人转交
*Write to him care of his solicitor. 写给他的信件由律师转交. have a `care (dated 旧) be more careful 更当心些. in the care of sb in sb's charge; under sb's supervision 由某人负责; 由某人照管
*in the care of a doctor 由医生照料
* They left the child in a friend's care. 他们把孩子交给朋友照看. take care (that.../to do sth) be careful or cautious 当心; 小心
*Take care (that) you don't drink too much/not to drink too much. 当心别喝多了.
* Good bye, and take care! 再见, 多保重! take care of oneself/sb/sth
(a) make sure that one/sb is safe and well; look after oneself/sb 照看; 照料; 照顾
*My sister is taking care of the children while we're away. 我们不在的时候, 由我妹妹照看孩子.
* He's old enough to take care of himself. 他大了, 能照顾自己了.
(b) be responsible for sb/sth; deal with sb/sth 负责某人[某事]; 处理某人[某事]
*Mr Smith takes care of marketing and publicity. 史密斯先生负责产品的销售与推广.
* Her secretary took care of all her appointments. 她的秘书处理她的一切约会. =>Usage at care2 用法见care2. take/put sb into/put sb in `care put (esp a child) in a home owned by a local authority(2) for special treatment 把（尤指儿童）交给地方当局的福利院照顾
*The social worker advised them to put their handicapped child into care. 社会工作者建议他们将其残疾儿送到福利院去.
1 [I, Ipr, Tw] ~ (about sth) be worried, concerned or interested 忧虑; 关心; 惦念
*He failed the examination but he didn't seem to care. 他考试不及格却似乎并不在乎.
* Don't you care about this country's future? 难道你不为国家前途担忧吗?
* I don't think she cares (about) what happens to her children. 我认为她并不关心她孩子的事.
* All she cares about is her social life. 她关心的只是她的社交活动. =>Usage 见所附用法.
2 [Ipr, It] ~ for sth (in negative or interrogative sentences, esp with would 用于否定句或疑问句, 尤与would连用) be willing or agree (to do sth); wish or like (to do sth) 愿意或同意（做某事）; 希望或喜欢（做某事）
*Would you care for a drink? 你愿意喝点儿酒吗?
* Would you care to go for a walk? 你愿意散散步吗? =>Usage at want1 用法见want1.
3 (idm 习语) for all one/sb cares considering how little one/sb cares 自己[某人]漠不关心
*I might as well be dead for all he cares. 我即使死了他也毫不关心. not care `less (infml 口) be completely uninterested or unmoved by sth 对某事完全不感兴趣或无动于衷
*I couldn't care less who wins the match. 我才不管这场比赛谁胜呢. who `cares? (infml 口) nobody cares; I don't care 无人关心; 我不管
*`Who do you think will be the next Prime Minister?' `Who cares?' ｀你认为下届首相会是谁呢?＇ ｀谁管那个?
4 (phr v) care for sb
(a) like or love sb 喜欢或爱某人
*He cares for her deeply. 他深深地爱着她.
(b) be responsible for sb; look after sb; take care of sb 对某人负责; 照看某人; 照顾某人
*care for the sick 照看病人
* Who will care for him if his wife dies? 假若他妻子死了, 谁照顾他? care for sb/sth (in negative or interrogative sentences 用于否定句或疑问句) have a taste or liking for sb/sth 对某人[某事物]爱好或喜爱
*I don't care much for opera. 我不太喜欢歌剧.
* I like him but I don't care for her. 我喜欢他, 却不太喜欢她.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
1 Both take care of (somebody or something) and care for (someone) can mean `look after' *take care of（某人或某事物）和care for（某人）均可指｀照看＇
*She takes great care of her children. 她精心照看孩子.
* He's caring for his elderly parents. 他正照顾着年迈的父母.
2 Care for can also mean `like' or `love' *care for还可意为｀喜欢＇或｀爱＇
*I'm fond of her but I don't care for her husband. 我喜欢她, 但不喜欢她丈夫.
3 Care for something and care to do something mean `wish' or `like' and are rather formal. *care for某事物和care to do某事物意为｀希望＇或｀喜欢＇, 均较庄重. They are mostly used with would in negative sentences and in questions 这两个词组在否定句和疑问句中多与would连用
*Would you care for a swim? 你想去游泳吗?
* I wouldn't care to do her job. 我不喜欢做她的工作.
4 Care (about) (somebody or something) means `be interested' or `be concerned'. It is also mostly used in negative sentences and in questions *care (about)（某人或某事物）意为｀感兴趣＇或｀关心＇, 也多用于否定句和疑问句
*Don't you care about anybody? 你难道谁也不关心吗?
* I don't care (about) what happens to him. 我才不管他的事呢.
Cooperative for American Relief to Everywhere a US organization that sends special boxes of food, clothing, and medicine called "CARE packages" to anywhere in the world where they are needed.
1. Basically, most students leave knowing they will have to do without their accustomed parental protection and learn to take care of themselves. 事实上，大多数学生在离家时，都知道他们将在没有原来所习惯了的父母照顾的情况下自己生活, 学会自己照料自己。
2. But the national effort to reduce health care costs has resulted in dramatic changes in the way hospitals think. 然而，全国范围内要求降低医疗成本的努力，导致了医院思维方式的戏剧性改变。
3. Both marriage and family involve long-term obligations and responsibility for shared care, not just the search of happiness, that hollow goal of the modern age. 婚姻和家庭意味着互相关爱的长期义务与责任，而不仅仅是寻求幸福，这一摩登时代的空洞目标。
4. With still more care, she tried for the seventh time. 它更加小心地试第七次。
5. Whenever someone learns that I'm taking care of Sam, they turn on me — telling me not to bounce him too much or he'll throw up, demanding that I give him another bottle of milk. 每当有人知道我是照看山姆的，她们就冲着我来了——要么告诉我不要让山姆跳得太多，否则他会呕吐，要么叫我再给他喂一瓶牛奶，等等。
6. The Officer went through the case with great care. 那位官员十分仔细地检查了箱子.
7. The patient with the skin disorder is under the care of a dermatologist. 那个有皮肤病的病人正在皮肤科医师的照顾下。
8. Timely rendition of medical care saved his life. 由于对他进行了及时治疗, 他的性命保住了。
9. Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves. 积少自然成多。
10. The Officer went through the case with great care. 那位官员十分仔细地把箱子检查了一遍。