n.增加,增大,增长 vt.增加,加大 vi.增加,繁殖
副词:increasingly 名词:increaser 动词过去式:increased 过去分词:increased 现在分词:increasing 第三人称单数:increases 形容词:increasable
cre＝to make（制造），to grow（生长） 变化型 cresc
v [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ (sth) (from A) (to B) become or make (sth) greater in number, quantity, size, etc 增加, 增大（数目、数量、体积等）
*The population has increased from 1.2 million
10 years ago to 1.8 million now. 人口从10年前的120万已增加到现在的180万.
* The rate of inflation has increased by 2%. 通货膨胀率已增长了2%.
* increased profits 增加的利润
* He increased his speed to overtake the lorry. 他加大速度以超过前面的货车.
1 [C, U] ~ (in sth) amount by which sth increases 增加的量
*Greater spending on education is expected to lead to a large increase in the number of students. 希望在教育上多投资以期多收学生.
* an increase of nearly 50% over/on last year 比去年增加近50%
* a wage increase 工资增加额
* Some increase in working hours may soon be needed. 也许不久需将工时延长一些.
2 (idm 习语) on the `increase (infml 口) increasing 正在增长
*The number of burglaries in the area seems to be on the increase. 这一地区的入室盗窃案件似有增无已.
1. C.You feel everyone is in the same situation; somehow you'll cope with the increase. c.你感到人人处境相同，你总会找到方法来应付价格上涨的。
2. 9.You suspect your rent (房租) or some other regular expense will increase. 9.你怀疑你的房租或其他常规开销将上涨。
3. The population explosion on our planet has been increasing at an alarming rate but the percentage of increase is decreasing. 我们星球上的人口爆炸状况正在以惊人的速度加剧着，不过增长的百分比在减小。
4. The theme that families are changing in similar ways, even in very different cultures, should bring about new thinking on social policy, experts say, and in particular an increase in the importance of families in the agenda of governments. 专家说，即使在差异很大的文化里，家庭改变的方式也类似，这一看法应当促使人们重新思考社会政策，政府的议事日程尤其应该更多地考虑家庭问题。
5. They often do not realize that bribery in various forms is on the increase in many countries and, 他们通常没意识到在很多国家，形形色色的贿赂行为正日益增多。
6. Knowledge began to increase as soon as the thoughts of one individual could be communicated to another by means of speech. 人一旦能用语言同别人交流思想，知识的积累便开始了。
7. Heterosexual(异性之间的) spreading is low, but there is danger that the spread of AIDS from male(男性) IV-drug users to their female(女性) partners could increase the appearance of AIDS in the heterosexual population. 异性之间传播可能性不大，但艾滋病从男性静脉注射吸毒者传播到他们的女性伴侣，则有可能提高异性恋者艾滋病的发病率。
8. He sees practical applications everywhere for how companies should decide whom to hire, how couples can increase the odds that their marriages will last, how parents should raise their children and how schools should teach them. 他认为这处处都用得上，如公司该如何决定聘用什么人，夫妇该如何提高婚姻延续的可能性，父母该如何培养孩子，学校该如何教育孩子。
9. "The iron content of tomato sauce cooked in an iron pot for three hours showed a striking increase, the level going up nearly 30 times," she writes. 她写道，"在铁锅内烹煮了三个小时的番茄汁，其铁离子含量大大提高，增加到原来的30倍左右。"
10. Actually the biggest threat to the traditional image and role of police officers does not come from guns and armed crime but the increase in the tasks we expect the police to carry out. 实际上，对传统警察形象、职责的最大威胁并非来自枪支和武装犯罪，而是来自我们要求警察做的日益增多的工作。