形容词比较级:intenser 最高级:intensest 名词:intenseness 副词:intensely
adj (-r, -st)
1 (of sensations) very great or severe; extreme （指感觉）强烈的, 剧烈的, 极度的
*intense heat, pain, etc 酷热、剧痛.
2 (of emotions, etc) very strong （指感情等）强烈的, 热烈的
*intense interest, anger, jealousy, convictions, etc 浓厚的兴趣、盛怒、极端的忌妒、强烈的信念.
3 (of people) highly emotional （指人）热情的, 易动感情的.
[Date: 1400-1500; Language: French;Origin:Latin intensus, a past participle of intendere; INTEND]
having a very strong effect or felt very strongly
Young people today are under intense pressure to succeed.
the intense heat of the desert
The pain was so intense I couldn't sleep.
He took an intense interest in all religious matters.
a look of intense dislike
intense activity is very serious, uses a lot of effort, and often involves doing a great deal in a very short time
The job demands intense concentration.
At least 3000 people were killed in a week of intense fighting.
someone who is intense is serious and has very strong feelings or opinions - used to show disapproval
She's a little too intense for me.
He disliked Kate intensely.
1. The fracture caused him intense pain. 骨折给他造成了剧烈的疼痛。
2. That is intense but orderly work. 那是紧张而有秩序的工作。
3. This dream filled him with intense religious enthusiasm. 这场梦使他对宗教充满了强烈的热情。
4. There's intense pressure for kids to succeed. 孩子要获得成功的压力越来越大。
5. Teachers protested the program's demands and the strain associated with more intense work. 教师们对教学计划的过高要求以及高强度工作所带来的压力表示抗议。
6. The not too surprising result was that the children whose parents were simply supportive were happier than average but were not particularly intense in their concentration when studying or working on something. 结果并不太意外。支持型父母的孩子所感到的快乐程度高于平均水平，但学习或做事时却不是那么高度集中精力。
7. Next I felt intense fear. Had I cut my head? Was I bleeding? Was there blood in the pool? 接着便感到十分恐惧。头碰破了吗？流血了吗？游泳池里有没有血？
8. So intense is this wish that if I write the word husband on a piece of paper, my eyes fill with tears." 这愿望如此强烈，以至若将‘丈夫’二字写到纸上，我就会热泪盈眶。”
9. Some iron is lost in sweat, and, for unknown reasons, intense endurance exercise is sometimes associated with bleeding of the digestive system. 有些铁离子随汗液流失。另外，由于某些未知的原因，高强度的耐力运动有时是与消化系统内出血联系在一起的。
10. It is difficult for any of us in moments of intense aesthetic experience to resist the suggestion that we are catching a glimpse of a light that shines down to us from a different realm of existence, 无论是谁，在强烈感受到美的时刻，心中都不禁油生一种遐想：我们似乎瞥见从另一个世界射向我们的一线光芒，