名词:involvement 动词过去式:involved 过去分词:involved 现在分词:involving 第三人称单数:involves
1 [Tn, Tg, Tsg] make (sth) necessary as a condition or result; entail 使（某事物）成为必要条件或结果; 需要
*The scheme involves computers.这一设计离不开计算机.
* The job involved me/my living in London. 工作需要我住在伦敦.
2 [Tn] include or affect (sb/sth) in its operation 包括, 包含, 牵涉, 牵连（某人[某事物]）
*The strike involved many people. 许多人参加了罢工.
* a situation in which national security is involved 涉及国家安全的形势.
(a) ~ sb/sth in (doing) sth cause sb/sth to take part in (an activity or a situation) 使某人[某事物]参与某活动或陷入某情况
*Don't involve me in solving your problems! 你解决你的问题, 不要把我拉进去!
(b) ~ sb/sth in sth bring sb/sth into (a difficult situation) 使某人[某事物]陷入（困境）
*involve sb in expense, a lot of trouble 使某人破费、招惹许多麻烦
* He was involved in a heated argument. 他参与了一场激烈的争论.
(c) ~ sb in sth show sb to be concerned in (a crime, etc) 表明某人与（某罪行等）有关联
*The witness's statement involves you in the robbery. 证人的证词表明你与劫案有涉.
[Date: 1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin: involvere 'to wrap', from volvere 'to roll']
if an activity or situation involves something, that thing is part of it or a result of it
What will the job involve?
I didn't realize putting on a play involved so much work.
involve doing sth
Running your own business usually involves working long hours.
to include or affect someone or something
These changes will involve everyone on the staff.
There have been four accidents involving Forest Service planes.
to ask or allow someone to take part in something
involve sb in (doing) sth
Try to involve as many children as possible in the game.
We want to involve the workforce at all stages of the decision-making process.
to take part actively in a particular activity
involve yourself in
Reilly involves himself in every aspect of his company's business.
1. Certainly it is more difficult than the arts which involve appreciation of flat forms, shape in only two dimensions. 欣赏雕塑品当然比欣赏平面的艺术品要难。"
2. Both marriage and family involve long-term obligations and responsibility for shared care, not just the search of happiness, that hollow goal of the modern age. 婚姻和家庭意味着互相关爱的长期义务与责任，而不仅仅是寻求幸福，这一摩登时代的空洞目标。
3. Widespread access to information technologies, for example, promises to condense the time required to change from labor- intensive assembly work to industries that involve engineering, marketing, and design. 例如，信息技术的广泛应用有望缩短从劳动密集型的组装工业转向涉及工程、营销、设计等产业所需的时间。
4. Today the Mormon church teaches that marriage should involve one man and one woman as partners who will be together not only during this life but also forever. 如今的摩门教教导人们：婚姻应该是一个男人和一个女人为伴，他们不仅活着时在一起，而且要永远在一起。
5. "The movements are very slow and careful and involve a great deal of body movement and standing on a single limb. 它的动作缓慢、细腻，动则牵引全身，立则依附单腿。
6. Moreover, the discussions for a prenuptial agreement, which involve laying bare all one's finances, sometimes save a couple from a terrible marriage. 另外，有关婚前契约的讨论将使两个人的钱财完全公开化，这有时可以使一对夫妇避免一桩可怕的婚姻。
7. It does involve a willingness to stay with each other in times of pain, struggle, and despair, as well as in times of calm and enjoyment. 这种承诺意味着不论在恬适欢乐时，还是在艰难困苦、失意绝望时，都愿意厮守相伴。