1. But the Swiss did not take their fate lying down. 但是瑞士人并不甘心接受被征服的命运.
2. Can be achieved by a brief period lying, or even sitting down. 只要稍微躺一躺，甚至坐一坐就能达到。
3. We were, however, worried about our nearest neighbours, whose farm was low lying and who were newcomers to the district. 然而，我们为我们的近邻担忧，因为他们的农场地处洼地区，而且他们是这地区的新户。
4. We were, however, worried about our nearest neighbours, whose farm was low lying and who were newcomers to the district. 不过，我们很为我们的近邻担心。他们的农场地势低洼，而且他们又新来乍到。
5. The morning passed rapidly and Frank was about to leave when he noticed a large packing case lying on the floor. 上午很快过去了，弗兰克正准备离去，突然看见地板上放着一只体积很大的货箱。
6. The men on the ship saw a strange object lying on the beach. It was moving toward them — perhaps twenty feet an hour. 船上的人看见海滩上躺着一个奇怪的东西。这个东西正向他们爬过来--速度大概是每小时20英尺。
7. They picked up the bank guard who, poor fellow, was still lying flat on the floor. There was a good deal of confusion (混乱). 门外繁华的街道上生活仍然正常地进行着，我也漫步走回学校。途中我碰到了学校的会计，并平静地向他提及了我刚刚经历了一起银行抢劫案。当然，他非常惊讶，并且问我，"想喝点什么吗？"我说"好的。"
8. He was lying on a couch. 他躺在沙发里。
9. He´s lying. 他在说谎.
10. He was lying on the sofa watching TV. 他躺在沙发上看电视.