名词:floorer 动词过去式:floored 过去分词:floored 现在分词:flooring 第三人称单数:floors
1 [C usu sing 通常作单数] surface of a room on which one stands, walks, etc （室内的）地面, 地板
*There weren't enough chairs so I had to sit on the floor. 房间里的椅子不够, 我只好坐在地上.
* The bare concrete floor was cold on my feet. 水泥地没铺地毯, 我的脚感到很凉.
* [attrib 作定语]
5000 square metres of floor space 5000平方米的房屋面积.
2 [C usu sing 通常作单数] bottom of the sea or ground surface of a cave, etc （海洋或洞穴等的）底
*the ocean, forest, valley, cave floor 海洋的底、森林的地面、谷底、洞底. =>Usage at earth 用法见earth.
3 [C] all the rooms, etc on the same level in a building; level of storey of a building 同一层楼的所有房间等; 楼层
*Her office is on the second floor. 她的办公室在三楼. =>Usage 见所附用法.
4 the floor [sing]
(a) part of an assembly hall where members sit, eg in the Houses of Parliament, US Congress, etc 议员席（如英国议会两院、美国国会等的）
*speak from the floor 在议员席上发言.
(b) right to speak in such an assembly or meeting （在此种会议上的）发言权
*The floor is yours you may present your argument. 现在请您发言--尽请发表意见.
5 [C usu sing 通常作单数] area where a particular activity is undertaken 进行某种活动的场地
*the dance floor, ie part of the floor of a night-club, etc where guests dance （夜总会等的）舞池
* the factory/shop floor, ie part of a factory where the ordinary workers (ie not the managers) work 车间.
6 [C] minimum level for wages or prices （工资或物价的）最低水平.
7 (idm 习语) be/get in on the ground floor => ground floor (ground1). ,hold the `floor speak to an audience, esp at great length or with determination, so that no one else has a chance to say anything 演说; （尤指）长篇演讲或慷慨陈辞（使他人无从插嘴）
*She held the floor for over an hour. 她发言占了一个多小时. ,take the `floor
(a) get up to speak or address an audience 起立发言或演讲
*I now invite the President to take the floor. 现在请总统讲话.
(b) get up and start to dance 起来跳舞
*She took the floor with her husband. 她站起来和丈夫跳舞. wipe the floor with sb => wipe.
NOTE ON USAGE 用法
*In British English the floor of a building at street level is the ground floor and the floor above that is the first floor. 在英式英语中, 楼房地面与街道相平的楼层叫ground floor, ground floor上面的一层叫first floor. *In US English the street-level floor is the first floor and the one above is the second floor. 在美式英语中, 与街道相平的楼层叫first floor, 其上面的一层叫second floor.
1. Eventually the turtle has been butted all the way down to the floor of the tank. 这只海龟最终被撞到池底。
2. Engineers say a disaster is unlikely in the Chunnel because it wouldn't be flooded by a bomb. The tunnel is too far beneath the sea floor. 工程师说隧道里不可能发生意外灾难，因为它不可能被炸弹炸开而涌进水，隧道在海底的深处。
3. It is quite reasonable to regard the sea floor as the basic form of the crust of the earth, with, superimposed upon, it the continents, together with the islands and other features of the oceans. 因此完全有理由把海床看作地壳的基本模壳，上面附加着大陆以及岛屿和海洋的其他形态。
4. While we were having breakfast, our little boy, Tommy, found two small coins on the floor. 正当我们吃早饭时，我们的小男孩汤米在地上找到两枚小硬币。
5. We weren't up to trying our act at an exclusive restaurant, so we wandered around the first floor and left. 我们的演技还达不到上高档餐厅一试身手的水平，所以我们在底楼兜了一圈就走了。
6. When the G-meter reached 6.2, I could no longer lift my feet off the floor. 当重力仪表显示6.2时，我就再也不能把脚从地板上抬起来了。
7. The floor is quite flat. （室内的）地面很平。
8. The glass fell to the floor and broke into fragments. 玻璃杯落在地上, 摔成了碎片。
9. The pen slipped onto the floor. 钢笔滑落到地板上了。
10. The teacher rebuked the student for throwing the examination paper on the floor . 老师指责学生把试纸丢在地上。