副词:questioningly 名词:questioner 动词过去式:questioned 过去分词:questioned 现在分词:questioning 第三人称单数:questions
1 [C] form of expression in speech or writing that requests an answer from sb 问题
*ask a lot of questions 问很多问题
3 is quite difficult. 第3个问题很难.
* I will be happy to answer questions at the end. 我愿在最後回答一些问题.
* I'd like to put a question to the speaker. 我想向发言者提一个问题.
2 [C] topic that is being or needs to be discussed; problem that needs to be solved 议题; 难题
*What about the question of security? 安全的问题怎么办?
* We have to consider the question of where to sleep. 我们得考虑在何处安歇的问题.
* The question of choosing a successor has arisen. 挑选後继人的问题已经提出.
3 [U] raising of doubt 质疑
*There is no/some question about his honesty. 他的诚实没有[有些]问题.
* Her sincerity is beyond question. 她态度诚恳, 毋庸置疑.
* His suitability for the post is open to question. 对这一职位他是否适宜很成问题.
4 (idm 习语) beg the question=> beg. bring sth/come into `question (cause sth to) be discussed or considered as a matter of importance （使某事物）被讨论, 被考虑
*My promotion brings into question the status of certain other members of staff. 提升我後某些职员的地位就成了问题. call sth in/into `question express doubt about sth 对某事物表示怀疑
*His moral standards have been called into question. 他的道德标准令人生疑. a fair question => fair1. in `question being considered or discussed 正被考虑或讨论
*The woman in question is sitting over there. 提到的那个女的就在那里坐着呢.
* The job in question is available for three months only. 所谈到的这一工作空缺为时仅三个月. it is a question of what is really involved is 问题在于
*It isn't a question of whether we can afford a holiday I'm just too busy at the moment. 问题倒不是我们是否有钱度假--而是目前我实在太忙了.
* She is so talented that her success can only be a question of time. 她才华横溢, 事业成功只是时间问题.a loaded question => load2. a moot point/question=> moot. out of the `question not worth discussing; impossible 不值得讨论的; 不可能的
*Missing school to watch the football match is out of the question. 为看足球比赛而旷课, 那可不行.
* A new bicycle is out of the question we can't afford it. 买新自行车的事谈不到--我们买不起. pop the question => pop4. a/the sixty-four thousand dollar question => dollar.there is some/no question of there is a/no possibility of 有[没有]...的可能性
*There was some question of selling the business. 有可能将公司转让.
* There will be no question of anyone being made redundant. 决不可能裁掉任何人. a vexed question => vex.
1 [Tn] ask (sb) a question or questions 问（某人）问题
*They questioned her closely about her friendship with the dead man. 他们仔细查问她与死者的情谊.
* I was questioned by the police for six hours. 警方把我盘问了六个小时.
* I'd like to question you on your views about the housing problem. 我想问问你对住房问题的看法.
2 [Tn, Tw] express or feel doubt about (sth) 对（某事物）表示或感到怀疑
*Her sincerity has never been questioned. 她的诚意从未受到怀疑.
* Do you question my right to read this? 你是否怀疑我无权看这份材料?
* We must question the value of our link with the university. 我们要斟酌一下与这所大学联系有何价值.
* I seriously question whether we ought to continue. 我真正怀疑我们是否应该继续下去.
1. But it isn´t only a question of feeling grateful for what they did for us. 但问题不只在于感激他们为我们所做的一切，
2. But there is no question that if either party insists on bringing in a so-called "neutral" third party (usually some representative of the state or legal profession), not only will the process take longer, in many instances it will be more 可是毫无疑问，如果任何一方坚持要有所谓 "中立"的第三方（通常是政府代表或者职业律师）介入，那不但会拖长决策过程，而且在很多时候，决策还会更加武断、更加不人道。
3. We have to consider the question of where to sleep. 我们得考虑在何处安歇的问题.
4. We refer the question to them. 我们把这个问题提交他们处理。
5. When Churchill completed his argument, Stalin leaned forward and said he wanted to ask an indiscreet question: "Do the British really believe in Overlord, or are you only saying so to reassure the Russians?" 当丘吉尔阐明完他的论点之后，斯大林向前俯过身来说他想问一个很轻率的问题：“英国确实相信‘霸王’行动，还是你们只是为了打消苏联人的疑虑呢？”
6. This question is too complicated for me. 这个问题对我说来太复杂了。
7. The answer to this question is now under exploration. 该问题的解决办法在探讨中。
8. There are many facets to this question. 这个问题有很多方面.
9. Then, almost 400 years ago, an Italian scientist named Galileo began to question Aristotle´s theory of falling objects. 后来, 大约在四百年前, 一位名叫伽利略的意大利科学家开始怀疑亚里斯多德的落体学说.
10. The question became one of whether Man could control the disease he had invented. 现在的问题是，人类能否控制住这种人为的疾病。