名词:requester 动词过去式:requested 过去分词:requested 现在分词:requesting 第三人称单数:requests
1 ~ (for sth/that...)
(a) act of asking for sth in speech or writing, esp politely （口头或书面的）要求; （尤指）请求
*make repeated requests for help 一再请求帮助
* your request that I should destroy the letter 你要求我销毁那封信一事.
(b) thing asked for in this way 要求或请求的事物
*Your requests will be granted. 你的请求能够获准.
* [attrib 作定语] a request programme, show, etc, ie in which music is played that has been requested by listeners 点播的节目、演出等.
2 (idm 习语) at sb's request/at the request of sb because of sb's wish 应某人之请求; 鉴于某人之请求
*I came at your (special) request. 我是（特别）应你要求而来的. by request (of sb) in response to a request (from sb) 应（某人的）请求; 经（某人之）要求
*By popular request, the chairman was re-elected. 徇众要求, 主席获重选连任. on request when asked for 一经要求
*Catalogues are available on request. 备有目录供索取.
v [Tn, Tn.pr, Tf, Dn.t] ~ sth (from/of sb) (fml 文) ask sb, esp politely, in speech or writing to do sth （以口头或书面形式）要求, （尤指）请求某人做某事
*request compliance with the rules, eg on a notice 请遵守规则（如告示用语）
* All I requested of you was that you came early. 我只要求你早点来.
* I requested him to help. 我请求他帮忙.
* You are (kindly) requested not to smoke. 请不要吸烟. =>Usage at ask 用法见 ask.
1. They postponed sending an answer to a request. 他们推迟了对一请求的答复。
2. The King´s request was tantamount to a command. 国王的要求就相当於命令.
3. His denial of our request seemed very impolite. 他拒绝我们的请求似乎很无礼。
4. All I received in response to my request was the laconic reply "Wait." 我的要求所获得的反应只是简明的回答：“等”。
5. Some hotels supply boiled water on request and this can be used for drinking, or for brushing teeth. 有的酒店根据要求可提供开水，这些开水可用于饮用和刷牙。
6. Someone at the hospital called the Red Cross office in Brooklyn, and a request for the boy to rush to Brooklyn was sent to the Red Cross director of the North Carolina Marine Corps camp. 医院有人给布鲁克林区的红十字办公室挂了电话，向北卡罗来纳州海军陆战队营地的红十字机构的主任发出请求, 让那个年轻人赶紧回布鲁克林。
7. Captain Fawcett has just refused a strange request from a businessman. 弗西特机长刚刚拒绝了一位商人的奇怪要求。
8. "The Minister of Education and Mme.Georges Ramponneau request the pleasure of the company of Monsieur and Madame Loisel at the Ministry of Education on Monday evening, January 18." “教育部长和乔治·朗伯那女士很荣幸地邀请路瓦栽先生和夫人参加教育部1月18日星期一举办的晚会。”
9. I hope I get a favorable answer to my request. 我希望我的请求能得到肯定的回答.
10. I am doubtful about the propriety of granting such a request. 我怀疑答应这项要求是否合适.